View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelgrind View Post
Is there a way to save all new samples in standalone mode? Like if i sample a bunch of things in how do I save all of those samples to my external drive? The way I do it now is assign it to a pad and then save it individually. Maybe I'm missing something, but its a PITA if you have a bunch of samples. My old MV-8800 allowed you to just save a drum program as individual .wavs.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but you can save anything whichever way you please, together or individually. You can pull one program out of a project and put it in another, for example. All the samples and other material are saved under a project folder. You may not see this on the hardware, because the browse screen hides folders (only showing the project file). To unhide them, in the browse menu, tick the folder with MPC written on it with a cross through it. This shows all hidden files and folders.

You should save everything to your own media, not the internal drive. The latter does not show up when in controller mode. If you have an SD or SSD connected, simply save all your data to that, and you can access the same folders/samples in either controller or standalone modes.