View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEL View Post
Has anybody tried AKG's K872 headphones?
(Or the new K275 perhaps)

If yes; what's your opinion on those?

I'm about to replace my worn out AKG K271mk2 (The inner ear-pads have disintegrated and are simply falling apart into little pieces of fabric!) and wonder if the K872 is a sane choice or if the new K275 is perhaps more sensible (There's a huge price-difference between those 2, but is there also a huge sound-difference I wonder)

I'm interested in how they sound, obviously, but also about their design in terms of possible durability (I love the K271's sound, but am a bit disappointed in the way the inner ear-pads are basically dissolving and crumbling when they're not even 10 years old (That said, my ears do physically touch the ear-pads because the cavity is not deep enough, so ear-sweat have of course deposited over the years of heavy use))
Why not get new earpads so the K271s can at least serve as a good tracking headphone? (It's a great idea that they mute when taken off)

Open gives you more options. K702 is $190 used on Amazon, $226 street. It's my daily after I replaced the cord with a more durable braided one. With a cat who likes soft rubbery cables, I can't possibly get a headphone without replaceable cables.
K712 PRO seems to be the 702 with bass boost, not worth it IMHO (and looks tacky with orange and black). K812 can be found at $800.