View Single Post
Old 12th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
Just recently got one of these on the advice of a mate and I have to say - it's blowing my socks off!

Is it just me being relatively uninformed about FM or is this a bit of an unsung masterpiece, in another league to the (great) DX7 that seems to be getting all the love these days?

The metallic/ ethereal sounds are it can make are unlike anything I've come across elsewhere and even the presets are absolutely amazingly good (I'm guessing at least some/ most were programmed by the previous owner though). I'm still learning the basics of FM programming but I've had some success modifying the existing patches.

Anyone know of any good resources on this, either for learning to programme it or a source of patches to use & modify?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Not only your socks but your underwear and your shirt! Did you know that you can split the 2 crappy stereo effects and have 4 crappy mono effects? It's fantastic, you can actually do qudraphonic crap
as they did in the 1970 with HIFI crap!

I just recently pulled min out of the closet to change battery and do something about the dying backlighter! Then i will put it back into the closet and just remeber how nice it sounds.