View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesta View Post
I just sold an old C414 with manual pattern switch. Now I want to buy a new one, but these new ones have a digital switch I don't like. I want to set mine to cardioid (for vocals) and forget about it, but it looks like, unless I'm mistaken, you'll have to select the pattern you need after hooking up to phantom each time.
You are. Mistaken..,

Quote:
• When you switch phantom power to the microphone off and back on later, the currently selected settings of all three selectors will be restored automatically as soon as you switch phantom power back on.
All settings are saved in memory about 500 msecs. after you last pressed any of the three selectors. Thus, your latest settings will be available again even if phantom power has been interrupted (e.g., if you disconnected the microphone and connected it again later).
• Live‐sound engineers as well as engineers for theater, opera, or musical productions often use the same microphones for the same purposes every night, and may even install some microphones permanently. In Lock Mode, all controls on the microphone are disabled so the settings you selected for a specific application (polar pattern, preattenuation pad, bass cut filter) cannot be changed unintentionally.
• Press and hold one of the arrows on the polar pattern selector (1) for at least 2 seconds.
All controls are disabled and remain disabled even if phantom power has been inter‐ rupted (e.g., if you disconnected the microphone and connected it again later).
• To indicate that the microphone is in Lock Mode, the LED(s) above the currently selected polar pattern will be lit red momentarily when you press any key.
• To unlock the selectors, press and hold the polar pattern selector (1) for at least 2 seconds again.