View Single Post
Old 12th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismaPhonic View Post
I really think you are trying to argue a very small point here.
It's not a "very small point". Just do the math for once.

If a user gets two pieces of information, a) that an 1800x can manage 63 plugins in Ableton, and b) that a 9600k improves on that by 150%, then that user, if he needs at least 150 plugins, will pick the 9600k expecting to run at least 63 + (63 x 1.5) plugins, i.e. 157. Imagine his confusion when he can only run 90.

That's a "small point" to you?

Quote:
For the record I'm not going to pointlessly engage with you on this matter any more
You said "Would love to hear what you guys think! " I suppose like most people what you wanted was a pat on the back. All you had to do was say "Oh you know what, you're right. I did phrase that a bit incorrectly. I'll change it."

Grow some thicker skin or don't put out inaccurate information.

Quote:
when everyone can see all of my data and clearly understand what I meant.
First of all, far from everyone will watch all your data. A lot of people will simply go straight to your conclusion. Secondly, people would have to sit down and do the math to see that your conclusion was wrong in order to clearly understand what you meant. I'm not so sure they'll go through that seeing that you can't even be bothered to acknowledge or correct it yourself.

Quote:
You are simply trying to distract from what really needs to be talked about.
Which is what? What point do we really need to talk about that hasn't been talked about?