View Single Post
Old 19th April 2017 | Show parent

Lives for gear

Why on earth do you continue to absolutely LIE about my posts? I've been completely clear of what the tests were and exactly what the blind test audio files are about. Also, I've said several times already that I have no malice towards the developer. My aim with the first posts and my audio examples was to show that there is virtually no difference between TeslaST and ordinary mid/side techniques. TeslaST is a very simple audio process being packaged in a different GUI and sold for 149 euros.

If you feel that something is missing from the test or you just don't understand it, then just ask.. politely. It's rather simple to test it out for yourself too. Just download the demo, set LMF knob to 'normal' then duplicate the track and put Voxengo MSED on that one, then phase reverse the track and match TeslaST until it nulls as best as you can achieve (you'll need to very accurately match the gain). Yes, it's really that simple. The audio files I posted are using this exact test setup.

If you want to "see" what TeslaST LMF Spread knob does then simply send a single sample pulse through it and look at the frequency spectrum on an analyzer (I recommend Voxengo SPAN for this).

That's it.

EDIT: oh and if you want to check for any kind of analogue modeling (which pretty much automatically means there are some non-linearities in the system, even if they are at a low level) you'll be able to get a bunch of additional data from the single sample impulse.. and you can check it with some other test tones.

Anyhow, I'm done here. I've said my piece. Any person with even a little bit of sense has all the information they need.
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Antipop Studio TeslaST, the best kept secret for larger than life mixes-teslast_lmf_wide.jpg   Introducing Antipop Studio TeslaST, the best kept secret for larger than life mixes-teslast_lmf_narrow.jpg