View Single Post
Old 30th March 2017
Lives for gear

Bad experiences selling equipment on eBay. Particularly FireWire interfaces and monitors.(How many times do you need to be told you need a TI card?) Refunded at a loss. It worked fine after I got it back. Monitors-I entombed these in thick boxes, protecting the cones, then packing, then in the shipping box. "One is blown"..OK send them back and I`ll refund your $ plus shipping.."No I want you to pay me money to fix them"..are you out of your mind send them back, I`ll take the loss. 'No you pay me money or I`ll leave you a bad review". Go ahead. I`ve bought some "less than advertised" stuff off eBay, but that`s the chance you take.

Reverb-no experience, but I`d give it a try.

Craigslist- Have had good luck. No bad experiences, lots of transactions. Some killer deals. I`ve just learned if you`re going to sell a FireWire interface, the card goes with it. Here`s kinda the cool thing about Craigslist, I took it to the guys house, installed the card, and got it running, I SAW IT FOR MYSELF. I don`t really like having strangers in my house, mostly because I have a lot of high end equipment, but I have. Probably not anymore. I like the Reverb idea.