View Single Post
Old 19th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened Hand View Post
I think it's going to be expensive to top the mr816 in a significant way. That's a great sounding unit. It has excellent conversion and analog stages.

If the mr816 has direct outs from the inputs then you could just get another converter. But I don't think it does, meaning all of the inputs run through the converters. That being the case you'll need another interface.

If you're determined to get something else that actually can perform "better" then you're looking at the high-end prices for sure. Though to be honest I think any differences will be subtle. The Steinberg interfaces from the MR series (and their UR series) are sonically impressive (and they work well).

Prism Sound has the Titan. It has enough line inputs and outputs to feed and return to and from your signal processors. It also has 4 high quality preamps. It's pricey at 4k. The next level down with Prism is the Lyra 2 and I don't think it has enough line inputs and outputs to use in combination with the preamps for your needs. But that really depends on how you choose to use it.
Appreciate the input. I do wonder if it really is worth it. I have been really impressed with the MR816, but like most folks I'm always looking to improve my sound. This may not be money worth spending. I think I started down this past because I have like 10k worth of analog gear on my 2 buss and it's all being converted by converters in a relatively cheap unit. But price is not everything. Thanks again for the input