View Single Post
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicornsfyeah View Post
All due respect we just have different ideas about what makes a good investment. Making a living and creating real innovation are not the same. Designing a capsule that is then built on another continent without your direct qc oversight but for once every few quarters is just not going to produce the same results as a company like sennhieser who can directly monitor Neumann production qc.

My feelings on diy are much the same, if your end result is merely reminiscent of the real thing, you can get that with plugins for a lot less work, but a capsule needs to be manufactured and diy isn't realistic.

But again, this is all just my opinion. I would rather spend money on a few key pieces I can fully depend on in every situation than have a hodgepodge I have to sift through to find some kind of elusive combination on a budget.
Again, your total lack of knowledge about these mics is leading to you making totally nonsensical statements.

The owner and designer of 3U Audio owns the factory where these are made. What on earth are you talking about "other continent" and lack of "oversight"? "Every few quarters"?

It's very odd that you would take the time to object to these mics knowing absolutely nothing about them. You're objecting to The Idea of these mics, rather than the mics themselves. Add to that the fact that you haven't taken any time to learn what these mics are and aren't and it leaves me scratching my head and wondering about motives.

I've got some of your sacrosanct Neumanns too. Some of us using these 3U mics use them along side nice, high price tag gear, myself included.

You seem to want there to be a nice clean divide between "budget" and "high quality" gear. It isn't so.