View Single Post
Old 8th March 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLOSONIX View Post
I had Adams A7X for about a year back in 2011 and I agree with you about their sound. For me they were very fatiguing, had piercing highs, gave me headaches. CMS65 OTOH are not harsh at all, I could work on them all day, with great results.

If A7X are not working for you than APS Klasik probably won't too (similar, scooped low mids, bump in higher midrange and highs but less fatiguing), but the best thing to do is try for yourself Happy hunting!
You are right. They are killing my ears and very fatiguing. Piercing is exactly the word I've described as well. I've suffered migraines and have tinnitus worse then ever now using the Adams. It's time to move on.

They don't sell APS Klasik in the states, so I would be going in blindfolded on this purchase. Maybe not a good idea, but I can get the Focal CMS or Neumann KH from guitar center and return them if not happy. I hear nothing, but great things from both speakers. People say the Focals are more colored than the neumann's, but they both translate well. Whichever are easier to listen to for longer periods of time and less fatiguing is where I should probably start.