View Single Post
Old 5th February 2017
Here for the gear

Hi to everyone, i've been following this thread for a while, and i have my two cents to share about VintageMaker.

After years of doing my mixes in an SSL 9072j in a local studio, it went "for private use only" meaning no more mixing for me in there, meaning the owner just really closed it down for whatever reason unbeknown to me.

So this meant transforming my "tracking only" studio to mix my stuff too, hence the interest in the summing universe which i researched for months, i went ahead and contacted Paul at VintageMaker in Dec 2016 with an specific summing box:
44 x 4,
3 option (1. passive 2. Neumann v475-2B 3. NE2OX_A7E)
2 stereo inserts
mono/stereo option for first 8 channels
First 8 ins with send/returns
and many little switches and knob details to my specific liking.

After a month and many great emails with Paul about the details and different options and suggestions, many pics sent with the unit being built and then shipped, the unit arrived yesterday, i haven't been able to test it properly (just had time to put it in the rack and turn it on) but i will do so this next week and send my comments and review about its sound soon.

All i can say is that VintageMaker has been a delightful gear buying experience, i threw a lot of details and options for the unit and Paul not only was glad to make it to my taste, he also suggested great other options and upgrades in switches, knobs and overall design.

The unit looks top notch in every way (knobs, switches,XLR and DB25 connections, front and back panels etc) and i am sure i will have a great "sound" palette for my final mixes that will definitely be better than just ITB mixing (not trying to get into the ITB vs OTB debate, i am an OTB guy) at an unbeatable bang for the buck price.

Thanks again VintageMaker!

PS. if someone wants more pics and details (graphs etc) about my specific unit pm me.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Maker - Neumann - V475 Summing Mixer-unnamed-1.jpg   Vintage Maker - Neumann - V475 Summing Mixer-unnamed-2.jpg   Vintage Maker - Neumann - V475 Summing Mixer-unnamed-3.jpg   Vintage Maker - Neumann - V475 Summing Mixer-unnamed-4.jpg   Vintage Maker - Neumann - V475 Summing Mixer-unnamed-5.jpg  

Vintage Maker - Neumann - V475 Summing Mixer-unnamed-6.jpg   Vintage Maker - Neumann - V475 Summing Mixer-unnamed.jpg