thread: Superb A/D
View Single Post
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot View Post
Absolutely. And I'll even put myself on a list with only a handful of people who have more extensive experience with more current-market pro audio gear than anyone else on the planet. Fletcher and I were even talking about that just a few weeks ago in a few phone conversations.

That's why when I speak with people, or make recommendations in forums, I usually start off by asking more questions to gather more information about what someone really needs. Sometimes people even think they need to make corrections or a purchase in one area, when it turns out that they haven't even determined their own needs correctly.

How To Get Better Answers To Your Recording Studio Gear Questions - by Dan Richards

You can search my post history on GS, and I'm sure there's at least a good 200 products I've recommended to people, and certainly have discussed many more. There is no "best winner," but there certainly are some standouts. And there are products that are the best in their class and price range and for what they do.

There's quite a few companies that are well known now, that hardly anyone had heard of before I came in contact with them, and later started letting people know about the company and their products. That's been a major drive for me all these years. To get the right tools in the right people's hands. And to help companies building great tools to expand and grow. I've also consulted with manufacturers on product development.

I've put a lot of time and effort into being able to knowledgeably use and discuss mics, preamps, outboard gear, monitors, converters, recording techniques. I think if you look back, you'll also see enough feedback from people that make it obvious that I know my stuff.

My recommendations have put multi-millions of dollars of pro audio products in end-user's hands.

Sure, the world is full of people who have only tried a few things, and love to jump and down to justify their purchases. Their posts are also only a line or two long—often with lots of exclamation points.

There are others that have more real-world, in-the-trenches experience.

It's up to anyone to qualify the source of answers and recommendations they're receiving to questions and inquiries.
Do you do any quantitative performance measurements? DAW System/Subsystem Performance Measurement/Evaluation - Avid Pro Audio Community