View Single Post
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiuser View Post
I'm fairly new to DMX lighting. As I try to manage all PA and light using wireless solutions, (soundcraft ui16, Enttec ODE) I switched from Luminair to Enttec D-PRO.

Luminair will give you a fair amount of options to work with and pretty doable but can be time consuming. Also, for programming I had to setup my leds/movingheads to see the result. Enttec DPRO however has a "phisical layout" window where you can position the fixtures with an optional background jpg to simulate the venue. Using this makes it possible to make a large amount of cues and sequences.

I also love the feature to make templates to be used on the fly in live usage. You just select the fixtures of choice, select the action and select the color(pattern). All done with a little more than 3 clicks.

Enttec DPRO really cuts down the time consuming DMX programming by the way it works. For me well worth the money.
I was gonna go with Luminaire as it seems very easy to use and program. All my stuff is set up on my soundstage so it's easy for me to be there programming it. I looked at D-pro and it seems ok but Luminaire just looks like it's easier and makes more sense. Would love to hear more insight!