View Single Post
Old 9th April 2007
Lives for gear

Reaper and 3rd Parties

Thanks for coming onboard for a couple of weeks Justin!

My question revolves around Reaper's ability to interface with 3rd party hardware devices mainly, but software fits this bill as well. More specifically, UAD-1 hardware/software and the Mackie Control and Expanders.

The story is pretty famous by now how you were able to single-handedly get the UAD plugins to work when you got pretty much zero help from Universal Audio.

And the ability to use my hardware controllers such as the Mackie's is just as essential.

So my question:

Is it hard for you as a small independent developer to get cooperation from the 3rd party developers? Are they starting to see you as a viable entity?

This is obviously critical since those of us that have been doing this for a while have a huge collection of plugins, and hardware devices (UAD-1, Powercore, Duendo, Mackie Control, etc.). Your included plugins seem to get good reviews, but we all want to continue to work in the way we are accustomed, and want to make sure that our investments are preserved.

I personally want to wish you the absolute BEST in getting Reaper up there with the big boys. We are all watching you very closely!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.