View Single Post
Old 26th September 2016
Lives for Jesus

These SketchUp drawings are super basic and just here to get an idea of the basic layout.. There will be changes,.. Like the Iso booth in the Live Room will probably be on the right side of the LR.

I know this is not perfect,. but there are things i don't have to be worried about, like isolation form the outside world, its a quiet area and no neighbors to bother. One thing i am worried about is the sound of the rain on the metal roof.

The main walls are all 4" blocks with 3/4" plaster on both sides. The wall separating the LR-CR is 4" block (LR side) and the wall separating the CR-Office is also 4" block. These walls also get 3/4"plaster on both sides.

The whole roof will also have a layer of Hardiflex Fiber Cement Board below the metal roofing with insulation below that. That should help to deaden the metal roof from the sound of the hard rain we get here. Below that is a Hardiflex drop ceiling angled 14' to 18'.
So the roof construction is... Metal Roofing - Vapor barrier insulation - Hardiflex - Fluffy Insulation - Airspace - then a Hardiflex Drop Ceiling with Fluffy insulation.

The LR and CR will have separate slabs.
The Air Space between the CR LR wall is 10" filled with fluffy insulation.
The CR-LR wall (LR side) is 4" blocks, the other (CR side) is a framed wall using Hardiflex Fiber Cement Board.

The soundproofing ceiling in the Control room will be 14ft. Below that are Bass Hangers and below the hangers a cloth ceiling.
The side and back CR walls are 4" blocks with acoustical walls built inside of that. Using Rigid fiberglass with some bass absorption. Finished with wood strips over cloth.
The CR acoustical rear wall is 2 1/2 ft deep filled with Bass Hangers.

The soundproofing ceiling in the Live Room is Hardiflex Fiber Cement Board angled from 14ft to 18ft.
I will use different acoustical treatment in the LR than seen in the drawing...
The LR acoustical walls will be Reflective and Angled. Built with Rigid fiberglass at different thicknesses and covered with wood.

PT monitor and Synths are on the Right side of the console, Outboard gear in the racks on the Left side.

I'm sure i forgot to explain some things... just ask.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-cr-top.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-live-room-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-croom.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-cr.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-studio-outside.jpg  

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-live-room-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-cr-top.jpg  

Last edited by stevep; 27th September 2016 at 01:26 PM..