View Single Post
Old 19th September 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflix View Post
Jantex

Celinara, Remember genelec not only leads as music studio monitor , but also in audio post rooms, thousands of pro mixers use the 80 series in a daily basis without any complaint , flatter? no you may be talking about mastering speakers instead, genelec are very detailed because tweeter, waveguide...... actually more "hyped" than mastering speakers.

As Jantex said, bad mixes sound bad on the genelec, good mixes sound good. A friend of mine uses 1032 only, I could't learn the 1032 enough to feel safe for mixing, but the 8050a is a different beast (for me) and is all I need , no second monitor required.

Also, Genelec's sound is adjustable (deep switches and software) I got to say I prefer analogue switches, . without adjustment genelec will "lie" flat settings are for measurement only.

Also the room is very important
Oh I'm well aware that Genelec is very popular. I'm not saying they are bad by any means. They are great monitors. They just dont work for me personally as sole mixing monitors in my space. Monitors are a very subjective thing of course and everyone tends to hear them differently. I probably should have ended my post with YMMV.