View Single Post
Old 6th June 2016 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blim View Post
Before purchasing products from this company, you should be aware that you must have a network card installed in your PC in order to authorize and run their software. This fact was not advertised when I purchased a bundle from Amplesound several years ago.

I had built my studio computer so that it would have no connection to the Internet (and I can't imagine that I'm the only person out there that has done so) -- the last thing I want is malware wreaking havoc -- and therefore had not installed a network card.

I don't think tying authorization to a network card is a very good idea. If you want to tie it to a piece of hardware, a hard drive, for example, might be a better option due to its universality.

Apart from that, this company's virtual acoustic guitars are, I think, the best sounding out there.
Are you talking about a network card or just having internet access? If it's just requiring internet access (via any type of network adapter, wired or wireless), then I don't see any problem. That's the norm these days for most plugins.