View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewrayrgv View Post
I should have clarified (i'll edit my OP) that I am looking for an ensemble, not really solo stuff. So like 6+ players is fine.

Wow! Emotional cello is perhaps the best sounding cello samples I have ever heard. If only there were more players. Thanks for the recommendation!
Do you mean 6+ of each of the instruments, or an ensemble consisting of 6 or more people?

I suggested considering solo strings both because you can combine them with themselves (record eg two ir three takes using the same library), but also because you can use 2 or 3 different solo cellos to fake a cello group. But I believe the main thing people do to create that intimate sound you may be looking for is to use a small ensemble like eg Spitfire Sable, and add some solo instruments on top of that. This way you'll have more control than if you just use sample of an ensemble with 4 or 6 players of each instrument, which easily can sound too perfect.

Btw, I believe the Sable ensembles are 4 violin 1s, 3 violin 2s, 3 violas, 3 celli and 3 basses. So Sable + the solo Emotional Cello could be a good solution. But in order to get the complete Sable package, you need to buy multiple volumes.