View Single Post
Old 15th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesC View Post
Many mid-priced interfaces, such as my RME UFX, have only one digital in/out plus an ADAT interface.

In my case, I'd like to use the UFX AES connections for an analog loop for 2-buss processing, using high-quality DA-AD convertors. This only leaves the ADAT output if I want to be able to monitor at a higher quality than the UFX DACs. So I'm considering the Grace M905 precisely because it does have an ADAT input and a very high quality DAC.
Thank you LesC (as well as the others) for taking the time to explain the current function of ADAT inputs, I did not know any of that. Since you mentioned the loop-through function, would you (or someone) be able to help me figure out how to make it work?

I think I've got everything set up correctly. According to what the screen says, shouldn't any selected digital input be output through the AES/EBU output of the M905? I want to send a signal form a computer, via USB into the M905, then "looped" out to my Lavry DA converter.

Does this picture look correct? The Lavry recognizes it's connected to something, but no 1's and 0's are making their way to the Lavry DA. . .

Thanks guys,
Attached Thumbnails
High End Monitor Controller-img_0608.jpg