View Single Post
Old 17th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E.A.C.H View Post
First off thank you for listening and commenting! I agree on a lot of these points! I'm going to experiment with shortening the intro. Do you feel like It's
a good idea to keep my "Lead In" Guitar riff before the full heavy section comes on? I'm unsure of whether or not I like abruptly jumping into the heavy section of the track.

(Remove Intro gutiar lead) Heavy 4Bars> 1 Measure Drum Fill >(Remove Hipassed Guitar intro) First Verse?
Now we're getting into a much more subjective area, I think - and one where I don't know enough about genre conventions to know what is/isn't the norm. (Not that 'the norm' has to be followed - it's just good to understand when one is/isn't deviating from it.)

Personally, I like the hi-pass guitar, think the contrast works fine, and would be very tempted to leave the arrangement exactly as is, but start it from the 34 second mark (or whichever point around there is the start of a bar, and leaves an even number of bars before the vocal).

That would make the intro: 2 bars hi-passed guitar (or 4, depending on how you're counting the bpm) > Verse.

That is a ruthlessly pared-back intro, but is a real grabber.