View Single Post
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsotericMetal View Post
- I keep hearing that Acustica's stuff is super buggy and inefficient CPU-wise. Is this still true (i'm on a a mac)? Also, no AU's for all your products in 2015 does not look good.
Not CPU inefficient, just CPU hogs. The new Acqua is becoming much more CPU efficient, take the demo's for a test drive.... the sound is nothing short of fantastic. Do remember that VST is the biggest plugin format on the planet, AAX and AU will be coming.

Quote:
- Their website is not clear and intuitive. Not good for prospective customers to find some things out without spending some time searching through stuff. Most of the info seems out of date or irrelevant for most people just looking for some info on how the plugins work.
Website is better than most now & the information and forum are up to date. The new Acqua plugins work like every other plugin made. The original Nebula takes more time to master, but it is very powerful with the best sound quality in the box and a huge amount of cheap libraries.

Quote:
- The 3D renderings of the plugins are silly and the lack of actual screenshots make no sense. I can't even find a single screenshot of Nebula to see how the interface works. Why on earth would you spend all this time (and therefore money) on making all these detailed 3D renderings that are completely useless to most people?
The plugins are the 2d version of each picture, the Nebula interface is just the load screen and 8 sliders or knobs, depending on what skin you are using. The new Acqua plugins are super simple, just demo them..... you will have a hard time using algo EQ plugins again if you do.

Quote:
- The different versions of Nebula seem pointless and just add to the confusion to prospective customers.
Nebula has been in development for a decade, during that time is has fostered the different versions and the new Acqua plugins and Nebula 4 are making this advanced technology workable for everyone. Again, the sound quality is superior in all ways except compressors.... but they are catching up fast.