View Single Post
Old 28th July 2015
Gear Addict

I don't know JACK about computers so I would definitely take other's advice on this, but I just wanted to give you my own personal experience...

I've been using the one in my sig with the programs and gear in my sig since 2008 or so and I couldn't be happier, even though I've been in a SERIOUS creative and musical block for quite a long time, I never had any problems with using an insane amount of devices and tracks in Reason 4.0 OR using a ton of tracks and softies and plug-ins in Logic Pro 9, OR ReWiring Reason into Logic. Nor did I ever have any problems recording several vanity projects with tons of tracks of recording real live audio via a mic and/or directly plugging in an electric guitar or bass into a Presonus Inspire 1394 or a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and using tons of plugs and softies with that.

Again, that's just my own personal experience, I personally never had a problem and was always able to use all the devices and tracks in Reason 4.0 that I ever wanted to as well as always being able to use as many tracks of either just softies or just live recordings via a mic or direct input of an electric guitar or bass or a combination thereof with all the plug-ins I wanted, however, I'm sure there is a limit to how many tracks and plugs you could use in one project simultaneously especially in Logic, it's just that I never got to that point, but I'm sure someone somewhere out there has.