thread: Wolf Mastering?
View Single Post
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

Wolf Mastering?

I have a client who's at the end of his rope (i.e.: budget) on a full-album project -- I'm trying to get him into a major mastering house on the "indie/family" rate, but the artist is not able to swing the $$$.

He has turned me onto Wolf Mastering through a recommendation from a recently signed artist (whose record was originally mastered there and recently remastered at Sterling).

Any comments? I have never heard of Wolf Mastering (he's Nashville & I'm L.A., anyway...), and the rate quote the artist got is significantly lower than the A-list indie rates I encourage every serious artist I mix to save for...to the point of arousing suspicion that the artist is gonna "get what he pays for."

Dammit. This is a really good record -- dare I say, "signable" (from musical, image, age, etc. standpoints) -- so I don't want it f&*ked up in the slightest -- not to mention that in L.A., I'd at least make a point of stopping by to ensure everything goes well.

Also, his gear list on the site is somewhat outmoded, but the artist was apparently told that the site hasn't been updated in a while.

http://www.wolfmastering.com/

Feel free to PM me any info if you'd rather not post on the topic.