View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2015
What is the best direction to go?

In a few months I'm going to have to get a new computer. I'm probably going to build one from the ground up via newegg.

Late last year Avid sent me an email saying I had to upgrade my Pro Tools by a certain date or have to repurchase the entire software. I was broke and now it's 6 or 7 months later and still broke and now they want $900? Is that even true though? If I remember right I couldn't upgrade because my computer is 32 bit and or I didn't see the use. Is it worth it to stay with Pro tools or start from scratch and try a new software? Old recordings I guess would be a consideration. I haven't been following things but remember they were saying if you didn't upgrade sometime in December you lose out and have to re-purchase the software. Did that cause some blow back? I imagine quite a few people have PT's M-Powered. The option of just status quo is not really an option anymore because my compuker is dying. Clock is running about 6-7 minutes fast, almost a daily view of the ocean(blue screen)and this machine can no longer handle multimedia. So reality is coming into play. I figure my new computer is going to cost about $1200 to build.