View Single Post
Old 30th June 2015
Here for the gear

Thanks PiedPiper! I am definitely going to look into GIK and take "studio foam/microphone shield" out of my vocabulary.

I am also going to look into the products you recommended and the Yamaha speakers. I've just heard mixed reviews on them (like all products).

I guess I am really just trying to get a lot better quality and sound than what we have right now at our current studio set up.

The current studio is 8 feet by 8 feet and has carpet and completely studio foamed out. We do use the $300-400 focusright and $250 mic. I think our quality right now is just decent and I'd like to go for that professional/radio quality sound.
I know mixing is a big part and we do like to use plugins through pro tools. This is also what dragged me into liking the Avalon because of the EQ/Compressor even though I've heard mixed reviews.

Thanks for all the help so far guys! I really appreciate it. I am definitely leaning towards a cheaper studio set up for now, but quality is always in the back of my mind as I am not satisfied with the sound we get through our current studio set up.