View Single Post
Old 27th March 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyraf View Post
I agree - the important thing is who does it, the actual quality of work, and QC.

The problem is that most customers can't see it this way - mostly because all outsourcings-to-manufacture-cheaper traditionally starts out by claiming that the quality is same or better than in original country (of course they need to say this) - but most often this is not true. And the customers has stopped believing in it a long time ago.

As I see it, the problem is that we are so used to drop in quality when ported to East Asia that it's a trust which is hard to restore. If you DO make a great quality product, it'll be attributed to sheer luck - which again makes it extremely hard to change the initial perception.

Jakob E.
I do not understand the problem.Why must suffer quality?I made devices in Kiev 17 years,two years living and working in Thailand.The whole team of HCL has remained the same,only divided into two parts.We do all the processes themselves.(soldering,assembly,measurement,adjustment,packing).
P.S.If you will do a Gyratec X in Thailand,will you do it worse than ever before????