View Single Post
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Addict

Network problems

Slowly but surely I'm getting the new duo core rig together. The fireface 800 is in and the UAD-1 cards are in and Cubase 4 has been installed. The OS is XPpro64. I'm trying to get the network together to link to my internet machine (XP pro) and I'm have a hard time.

There is no router involved just two d-link ether net cards connected with a cable.

I used the network creation wizard and atm it is set up to have all the ip and dns addresses recognized automatically.

The network exists and I can move files back and forth and I can see the internet machine in my network places. I can turn my connection to my ISP on and off from the audio/client machine, but I can't get IE to load any websites on the audio machine it dithers around for quite awhile and then comes up with the "can't find web site" screen. I can get google to come up and do a search but it won't go to any of the sites it finds as the search results. I've tried turning on and off the Windows firewall in different places, I've tried manually setting the addresses. I'm freaking tearing my hair out. Now I am a twit when it comes to this stuff and perhaps there is something simple I've over looked, Can anyone give me some tips on how to get this sucker working? take care Logan