View Single Post
Old 20th July 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimatorstudio View Post
I've had it for 3 years. Now it stops working every 10 minutes while the power supply is OK. I phoned 2 distributors and mailed Hear technologies 2 times. Got no answers. Session with 5 studio musicians failed. Such an important piece of gear but you can not rely on it nor on it's support.

Don't read any further: support is great if you know the right guy and tornados stay away.

I did the mod and it is working now for more than a year!! Thanx

1- Remove the top of the unit. You should position the hub with the front faceplate towards you.
2- Locate the attachment “hub jumper” and note a PURPLE wire that goes from the power supply over to a trace
on the main board.
3- Look at attachment “R20 Connection”. This is on the supply, just in front of the RED wire coming f the 8-pin
connector. R20 is brown in color, with the body of the resistor to the LEFT, and a loop of wire going back into the
supply board on the RIGHT.
4- Tack-solder a 3” or so wire to the top of the wire loop on R20. DO NOT SHORT THIS TO ANY OTHER
COMPONENTS!!! The caps and small inductor near the resistor can be gently pushed a bit out of the way.
5- See attachment “main bd conn”. With an exacto knife or similar tool, scrape back about 1?2 “ of conformal
coating on the trace shown. NOTE THIS TRACE IS DIRECTLY SHORTED TO THE RED WIRE COMING FROM THE
MULTIPIN CONNECTOR. You can use a meter to ohm out this point just to make sure.
6- Tack-solder the other end of the wire to the trace. Make sure it does not short to the trace to the left of it.
7- Plug up the AC cord, STAY AWAY FROM THE SUPPLY and apply power. The clock LED should come on green with
the unit in analog mode.
8- Unplug from the wall, replace the top.
9- Have a cup of coffee or a beer........job well done!

I have this problem on my hub hear back please let me help you with some sample photos are not an electrician thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
HEAR technologies mixer problem-r201.jpg   HEAR technologies mixer problem-r202.jpg