thread: izotope RX3
View Single Post
Old 7th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I finally updated to Rx3 Advanced from Rx2 Advanced. I had been putting it off because Rx2 had really been working just fine for me, so I didn't see the point in spending the money, but I am happy to say that the bundled Insight Metering Suite alone was well worth the price. It is the nicest set of meters I have ever worked with, which is a relief because I was worried about how I was going to replace my RTAS Massey Tools HR Meters if I ever decide to update to PT11. I Particularly like the K-20 K System meters and the real-time spectrogram, which when used together provide a wealth of useful info.

The BS.1770-1/2 LUFS meter seems like it makes my Dolby Media Meter plugin redundant except for LeqA dianorm readings, which I'm not sure I really need any more.

If I were going to complain about anything, it would be that the suite uses up a fairly big chunk of CPU power and on the bigger sessions I have to use 1024 sample H/W buffer on my HD Native system, but that's not surprising considering how much info they are capable of displaying.