View Single Post
Old 14th April 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosphinx View Post
Steven,

With all due respect, NO plugin emulation to this day, as far as I can tell, has been 100% exactly like the hardware. I really don't see how a bunch of 1s and 0s can do this, quite frankly I think it's impossible. I know it's CLOSE...I use VCC, VTM combo all the time and plenty of emulation from others including the Scheps 73, however, I use them because they sound good, NOT because I feel like I am on par with someone who has a true Neve desk and a bunch of 1073s...coming off an MCI or Studer. As I've mentioned, I know it's close, and us ITB guys don't have much choice, but 100%? Really hope so...would be a true blessing.
Hi. Surely you don't think that we can deconstruct genetic code, find ripples in the universe that justify the theories of the big bang, and create artificially intelligent processors that can compute one billion times faster than the human brain.... and yet we can't recreate some harmonics and saturation along with frequency and time? That's pretty silly.

But the proof as they say, is in the pudding. And we've done tons of A/B tests with the real gear and the result is always the same. People cannot distinguish a difference. The VTM that you use, and btw thank you for your support, was shot out against the real thing numerous times in front of very well respected engineers. Feel good knowing that it nails the sound, exactly.

And like it's predecessors in the Slate Digital line, I aim to make the VMR perfect, and will gladly shoot it out in blind A/B tests for all to hear. That's just what we do, and we're proud of it.

Cheers,
Steven