The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Six-Trak was an analogue synthesizer manufactured by Sequential Circuits in San Jose, California and released in January 1984. It is notable for being one of the first multi-timbral synthesizers, equipped with MIDI and an on-board six-track digital sequencer, hence the name. It was designed as an inexpensive and easily portable 'scratch-pad' machine for trying out arrangements. You can latch the arpeggiator and play along with sequences in real time. Also available is a unison mode which renders the keyboard monophonic but allows for very rich sounding timbres. The Six-Trak is prominently featured and can be heard on the 1998 minimalist space music CD release The Dream Garden, by musician/composer Dane Rochelle. More recently it has been used by composer Christopher de Groot for the 2012 soundtrack to Australian feature film "Sororal". The Six-Trak's more famous sibling is the Prophet 5, widely used in much of the 1970s progressive rock. A number of other synthesizers made by Sequential Circuits used similar electronics, including the Multi-Trak, Max, and Split-8.

Discussions

SCI Six Trak???

Sounds like my last girlfriend! I had a Sixtrak before as well. I say grab it if it's a decent price. Groundbass described it perfectly. You can get some creamy sounds out of the thing but also weird spacey sounds. Editing and saving patches is pretty easy, and it sounds rather raw but funky....

View Post

Here's to the end of my Vintage Analog Synths

...p i n g knobs Gone are the "I don't wanna work today" outputs I couldn't be happier. kfhkh RIP. Sequential Multitrack Juno 106 JX3P Korg Polysix Sequential SixTrak Roland SH101 Korg MS20 Micromoog I'm sure I'll get some crap for most of the above

View Post

Type out the name of a synth that you think of!

Sequential Circuits Six Track, the first proper synth I owned. Sold it years ago at what I thought was a decent price and am stunned to see it being sold now for 5 times as much.

View Post