The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Prophet-5 is an analog synthesizer that was designed and manufactured by Sequential Circuits between 1978 and 1984. With five voices of polyphony, the Prophet-5 is one of the first polyphonic analog synthesizers with patch memory. About 6,000 units were produced in three revisions by Dave Smith and John Bowen. This was later accompanied by the Prophet-10, a version with ten voices of polyphony through an additional circuit board and keyboard. The Prophet-5 is known for its use by progressive rock bands and film composers. Due to its success, the Prophet-5 has been emulated in software synthesizers and analog hardware. Through his company Dave Smith Instruments, and later under the Sequential Circuits brand, Smith has developed updated versions of the Prophet-5.

Discussions

Sequential Prophet X

New presets from 8dio for the X and XL sampled from Dave's very own Prophet 5 which was the last off the assembly line. This sounds incredible. The reasons for getting an X just keep piling up. Apparently this is available tomorrow the 25th. https://youtu.be/hGfmnrcO7KA

View Post

Moog One

...staging relative to polyphonic synths. It will not sound as good as a monophonic synth for bass just like the Prophet 5 in my view does not sound as good as a Pro One for bass despite having the exact same voice architecture. I am no expert technician but that is just my experience...

View Post

Ebay sellers on crack + Scammers list

Why drop $3,000 on a certified classic like a UB-XA or Prophet 5 when you can drop it on this "new old stock" DCO synth that people only sorta like!? ..."new old stock." No original box or documentation, by the way. Roland JX-8P Polyphonic MIDI Synthesizer | Made in Japan | | Reverb

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides