The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Analogue monosynth with two oscillators based on the CEM 3340 VCO chip. Oscillator A offers saw and pulse waveforms, Oscillator B offers saw, pulse, triangle, and has an additional noise source. The design allows for programming because of multiple modulation options: Filter output, VCO B and LFO can modulate VCO A or B (frequency modulation), pulsewidth, or VCF cutoff. The LFO offers saw, triangle and pulse waveforms. The filter is also based on a chip, the CEM 3320, providing a 4-pole lowpass with cutoff, resonance controls. ADSR Envelope and keyboard tracking are also modulation sources for the cutoff control. The VCA has a seperate ADSR envelope control. There’s an arpeggiator with up, up/down patterns and has a latch mode. The sequencer can hold two 40-note sequences offering pitch control for the oscillator pair. External control is possible with the CV and Gate controls. The synth has a 3 octave 37 key keyboard, of which there are two variants; the more reliable J-Wire and the membrame versions. The J-Wire can be identified visually, becaue all the keys have 2 small plastic extrusions at the top end of each key (usually hidden behind the top cover). The keys from the membrame version have metal mounting clips protruding from the top end of each key. The Pro-One is a popular synthesizer, and valued for it’s raw sound and flexibilty in creating sounds, but not for it’s crappy build quality. About 10 thousand Pro Ones were produced from 1981 to 1984.

Discussions

Behringer Pro 1

If there is a 'full size' planned and we were aware, I wonder how many would wait and skip the standard editions?

View Post

Moog One

...a monophonic synth for bass just like the Prophet 5 in my view does not sound as good as a Pro One for bass despite having the exact same voice architecture. I am no expert technician but that is just my experience of playing these against one another. The One can sound really lifeless...

View Post

Waveshaper TV launched - Skinny Puppy's cEvin Key EPISODE 1

...I posted that the other day I thought 'watch somebody is gonna tell me that resonant filter thing IS the Pro One'. (Did you watch the video?? Gotta get one of those Lexicon delays now!!)

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides