The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Very low self noise , 5 switchable polar patterns and a frequency response up to 50Khz make the MKH 800 suitable for all high bit rate recordings i.e 24/96 and SACD. The MKH 800 features an LED for accurate on axis alignment. Extreme high clarity, wide flat frequency response and lack of colouration epitomise Sennheiser's intention for the microphone to be a 'window to reality' The MKH800 comes with it's own shockmount and windshield. Requires 48v phantom power. Anodised light metal body.

Discussions

Sennheiser to Introduce MKH 800 Twin Microphone

...The new TWIN changeable capsule model that has just been announced. I am very excited about these: Sennheiser to Introduce MKH 800 Twin Microphone at NAB | Studio Daily Sennheiser: Sennheiser MKH 800 Twin Sennheiser MKH 800 Twin - MacMusic Cheers- ~skygod~

View Post

Best mains array?

...of Kurt Masur he added the balls. Outriggers were originally MK2S, but during Maazel's tenure he swapped them out for MKH800 in fig8. In the past few seasons he has gone over to a tree of those "nasty" sounding 4006TL... Sorry, the hyperbole from the "Rens Heijnis mic mods" thread has brought out my...

View Post

Pyro Audio: It all starts with a spark

...of late-night child-like hardware exploration. The sound pack was captured in 24-bit/96kHz using two exquisite microphones; the Sennheiser MKH800 and Neumann KU100 binaural dummy-head. The former as a true-to-life spot mic in the Pyro Audio isolation booth, and the latter as a medium for capturing the 1-bit toggling of the IIC’s sound card through closed-back...

View Post