The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Fit for any challenges in the studio or on stage, the sE8 is a brand new high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser, fresh from the labs at sE. Its new hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it's never harsh or aggressive - perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads. It's also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet - and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE8 is ready for any sounds you’re making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications.

Discussions

The ultimate *affordable* omni's for main miking large orchestras

Look for a pair of used mics but don't by rental, my friend did and returned them, just too beat up. SE electronics have a pair of cardioid's sE8 for $499 but never used them but they get great reviews. What's better a decent steak or 2 mass market burgers?

View Post

Roland Boutique SE-02 Analog Synthesizer

That would be way too easy and profitable. I expect Roland would sooner deliver the digital, but very analog sounding, SE-8

View Post

Recording a Cello / Piano Duet

...datasheets (your second best friend, second only to your ears,) my recommendations would be: Shure KSM137 (tight cardioid, stretch budget) sE Electronics sE8 (cardioid) Line Audio CM3 (wide cardioid) Line Audio OM1 (omni) Unfortunately, the only mic in that list I've worked with is the OM1, so take my recommendations with a grain of salt. I've had good luck...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?