The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Se RNR1 "hiss"

Hello!Anybody has "hiss" problems with sE RNR1 and Universal Audio LA-610 preamp?I have a RME FireWire 800 , i connected the mics with the same settings and compare the RNR1 with a condenser mic. i noticed this "hiss" on RNR1.Do i need a special preamp for this mic?Thanx in advance!

View Post

Musikmesse 2015: sE Electronics / Rupert Neve RNT

I've had the RNR1 and had to send it back because of bad noise and poor built quality. Had it replaced, assuming it was just an incident. But the second one wasn't any better. SE was not interested in listening to my test recordings that showed the problems. I just got a very agressive...

View Post

SE Electronics VR2 active ribbon

i believe the se electronics\neve partnership is the RNR1 that comes at 4x price of the vr2. i have the rn17 small condensers and am loving their low frequency response and non- hyped higher frequency response. beautiful mics.

View Post

Product Description

The RNR1 offers revolutionary performance, courtesy of a unique blend of discrete circuits and purpose designed, transformers from Mr. Rupert Neve, and the best capsules and chassis design that Siwei Zou and sE have to offer. The RNR1 mic has all the qualities engineers love in the very best Ribbons … warm and silky lows and incredible depth and air to mid frequencies, but with a clarity and impact in high frequencies that reveals vital harmonic information normally missing.