The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Gemini is an innovative dual-tube, large-diaphragm condenser microphone. The fixed cardioid capsule has been described as having either a 27mm or 35mm Mylar diaphragm. We interpret this to mean that the mic uses a 35mm O.D. capsule, with ~27mm diaphragm diameter (measured inside the clamping rings. Although we’ve seen references claiming that the capsule is shockmounted within the microphone headbasket, the photo we’ve seen does not support this claim. The mounting post is a standard model, although with a much taller metal post than is usually used. Gemini microphone tubesThe two tubes are a 12AX7 (ECC83) on the input stage (“capsule preamplification” acc. to Resolution Magazine) and a 12AU7 (ECC82) on the output (impedance conversion). Both are dual-triode tubes and are installed in sockets, easing repair/upgrades. Because the second tube is handling impedance conversion, there is no transformer in the circuit. (Circuit photo credit: SoundOnSound — see sidebar link.)

Discussions

What's in YOUR mic locker???

...x 2 (with mechanical & res mods+ lundahl tranny mods) SM58 x 2 AT4040 x 2 Cascade Fathead x 1 Rode K2 x 1 SE Gemini 2 x1 SE Gemini x 2 Rode NT 4a x2

View Post

Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone

Im pretty sure if a neumann m149, a tele u47 and a wunder cm7 dont do it for you... well... you can probably bet money the warm, stam, and gap wont either. Those are some damn good mics you just threw under the bus. The telefunken u47 has been my holy grail so far. Cant...

View Post

What's your favorite looking mic?

Not well regarded for its sound but I really like the look of the SE Electronics Gemini III Anniversary Edition. The black matt finish and overbearing size, along with the holes cut in the back to allow the glow from the valve's heaters to escape really make for an attractive tool. I like the...

View Post