The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Coming soon on patchpool: Sonic Tabulator for Serum - pre-order now
Old 28th September 2014
Lives for gear

Software Sonic Tabulator for Serum released on patchpool

I just released my first soundset for Xfer's Serum:

Sonic Tabulator for Serum contains 101 patches including 1 variation covering a wide range of atmospheric sounds, warm pads, huge drones, tinkling bells, snappy plucks, expressive leads and resynthesized instruments, other worldy noises and animated sequences. Cold digitalness and darker soundworlds unite with warm, emotionally appealing sonic goodness.

All waveforms in this set are new and fresh, often created by using samples from acoustic instruments from the gigantic pool of patchpool samples as sound sources for the generation of wavetables. Depending on the amount of slots in Serum's modulation matrix, each patch has up to 4 Macros and the Modwheel assigned, many also use Aftertouch. As Serum also allows for sample playback in it's noise oscillator, a folder with 26 wav samples (44.1 Khz/24 and 16 Bit) is also included in this library.

You can view/download the PDF for this set including the licence agreement, more info and a detalled patchlist here.

Specs:
  • * 101 patches including 1 variation (107.3 MB)
    * 226.4 MB of samples, 26 wavs/44.1 Khz/24 & 16 Bit/stereo
    * 88 wavetables (74.8 MB)
    *Delivery: Download
    *Price (paypal): € 28 EUR

Patch categories:
  • *Bells & Plucks (4)
    *Synths & Basses (7)
    *Leads & Vox (8)
    *Pads (13)
    *Soundscapes & Drones (34 + 1 variation)
    *Sequencer (18)
    *Brass (3)
    *Strings (8)
    *Drums / Percussion (2)
    *Sound FX (3)

Order Sonic Tabulator for € 28 EUR on the product page.

All demos were produced entirely with Serum using only patches from Sonic Tabulator, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation, if several instances of Serum were used in a track.

Some videos for this set:
Stochastic Combs - Demo Tabulator for Serum - YouTube

Big Table Morpher Sonic Tabulator for Serum - YouTube

Night Quintet - Sonic Tabulator for Serum - YouTube

Ghostly Voices Sonic Tabulator for Serum - YouTube

More videos for Sonic Tabulator can be found in this youtube playlist.

Thank's for reading!
Simon Stockhausen

Thank's for reading!
Simon Stockhausen

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 30th October 2014 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: update info on release
Old 29th September 2014
Lives for gear

Old 29th September 2014
Lives for gear

Here comes a little impro with the new patch Formant Guitar made by creating a wavetable from an imported nylon guitar pluck with some rattling strings which I sampled this morning. Tweaking the 4 Macros and the Modwheel on the fly here:

Old 30th September 2014
Lives for gear

This patch uses a female horror scream sample in the Noise Oscillator, Osc 1 plays a wavetable generated from a sustained soprano sax note. The Modwheel controls the phase of the Noise Osc, so you can basically scroll through/scratch the sample. Then there is tuned combfiltering, ring modulation filter and other stuff, most things controllable via the 4 Macros.

Ghostly Voices Sonic Tabulator for Serum - YouTube
Old 1st October 2014
Lives for gear

A Serum brass patch, the wavetable was made from an imported trombone sample from one of my libraries:

and another new patch:

Old 1st October 2014
Lives for gear

The filters in Serum are truly dangerous, here is temposynced patch named Monster Groove combining a vocal gibberish sample in the Noise Oscillator with a vocal wavetable and filter mayhem.

Old 2nd October 2014
Lives for gear

My subwoofer and I have been dancing with joy over the last few hours while programming these new patches - tribal drums where velocity modulates pitch of the subkick sample in the Noise Osc and the frequency of the resonating combfilter, and a MelancholicaQuencer with 4 synced LFOs doing all sorts of things:

Old 2nd October 2014
Lives for gear

Wavetable Scanner meets orchestral strings:

Old 3rd October 2014
Lives for gear

Quick and dirty impro with the patch "Flute Leader", wavetable was made from an imported alto flute tremolo:

Old 3rd October 2014
Lives for gear

Violin wavetable meets sequenced formant filter, and other things:

Old 4th October 2014
Lives for gear

Old 6th October 2014
Lives for gear

New Serum patch Space Lurker:

Old 6th October 2014
Lives for gear

Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear

Here comes a rather somnambulant impro with 2 fresh Serum patches - Singing Alien meets Digital Monk:

Old 9th October 2014
Lives for gear

Old 10th October 2014
Lives for gear

Some Overtone Serum:

EDIT:

Sequencing a wavetable made from a violin spiccato accent:

Old 11th October 2014
Lives for gear

Here is an e-bow pad and a lead made from a flautato violin:

EDIT:
I can't believe some of the sounds I am getting out of this Serum synth, it amazes me to be honest. Two fresh patches in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cnrW0C8lX8
Old 13th October 2014
Lives for gear

Wavetabled vibraphone, FM modulation via the Noise Osc which plays an actual vibra sample in the background can be applied with Macro 3, the Modwheel adds temposyced amplitude modulation, velocity does a lot of things too, amp envelope follows Note, chorus and chorus speed are controllable with Macros.

EDIT:
Here are two more fresh patches in a more floating ambient demo, a pad using alto and soprano sax wavetables meets something more strange:

Old 14th October 2014
Lives for gear

Two fresh Serum patches in this demo, the bell sound using 2 wavetabled singing bowls in the 2 oscs, the pad using a wavetabled Duduk sound, the overtone melodies in the bell patch are created via velocity->dual filter cutoff. The filters are really really good in this thing!

Old 14th October 2014
Lives for gear

Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Here is a fresh jam with two new patches, Oud Stabs and Dirt Brass:

Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Finishing the Serum day with a weird couple, one patch made with 2 layered psaltery wavetables, the other one so strange and dark:

Old 17th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quick and dirty demo for the patch "Synced Sweller" played live on HD tweaking the Modwheel and the Macro on the fly (I ran out of slots in the matrix for all that swelling and ampmod stuff) - pretty rich I'd say:

Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

Old 20th October 2014
Lives for gear

Here is another demo combining three fresh Serum patches from Sonic Tabulator:

Old 21st October 2014
Lives for gear

Here comes a little track with the patch "Celtic Harp Plucker", velocity is assigned to all sorts of things (also to amount of wavetable modulation via envelope in bot oscillators, each one playing a different celtic harp wavetable) making this a very expressive pluck instrument:

Old 21st October 2014
Lives for gear

Every soundset need one last video, so here it comes, a patch named Big Table Morpher, made from 15 single cycles produced with various hard- and softsynths, importing them all into one table, morhing between them and building this patch around it, runs in 16 voice unsion mode with many waveforms playing at once due to the WT offset in the global settings, I could play 8 voices in real time without problem at a 256 buffer on my rather old Mac Pro tower in Logic 9:

Big Table Morpher Sonic Tabulator for Serum - YouTube
Old 22nd October 2014
Lives for gear

Two more patches from this set in one evening jam after spending the last hours in hospital with our cat, so the track title is "Bono's Patch":

Old 24th October 2014
Lives for gear

Three more Serums from Sonic Tabulator in this ambient demo track:

Old 30th October 2014
Lives for gear

This soundset has now been released, I updated the specs in my original post accordingly.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search