The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Coming soon on patchpool: Falcon AIR - pre-order now and save 20%
Old 7th November 2015
Lives for gear

SamplesLoops Coming soon on patchpool: Falcon AIR - pre-order now and save 20%

After spending spring and summer 2015 with UVI's Falcon, alpha- and beta-testing it and creating 100+ patches for the Falcon factory library, here are some more sounds for this hybrid monster:

Falcon Air combines organic acoustic samples with the plethora of synthesis forms available in Falcon. Often several different synthesis modules are combined within in one patch, many presets make use of the new multi-granular engine, the wavetable synth and the new physical modeling module introduced in Falcon. All samples, wavetables and images (for image re-synthesis in the WT synth) were created especially for this library.

Expressive hybrid instruments meet multi-sampled percussive sounds, sweet ambient pads, ethereal textures and minimal sequences are drowned in haunting granular abysses, electric guitar ambiences, feedback swells and mesmerizing industrial drones, technoid synth arps and big bass sounds are accompanied by ethnic drums, beautiful mallets and various chromatic percussion sounds.

The sample content was generated from multi-sampled percussion instruments and glass objects, industrial field recordings executed in factories, electric guitar instruments, weird sounds of electronic gadgets captured with special coil microphones, audio-morphed vocal sounds and electronic soundscapes, also re-synthesizing and audio-morphing acoustic sounds with programs like Metasynth, Morph and Kaleidoscope, to name a few.

All patches have up to 30 Macros and switches assigned, most make use of the modulation wheel, quite a few also use aftertouch. In many patches tempo-synced modulators are used to animate the amplitudes and filters of the involved samples and sound generators, often key-switchable sound combinations or different articulations are available within one patch. All patches which have several different sounds split across the keyboard (often over a range of six octaves or more) use key-coloring in Falcon's keyboard which makes it easier to navigate through the various split sounds.

Specs:
  • *2.57 GB of original samples (538 wavs/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit/phase-aligned), 24 wavetables, 1 single cycle waveform, 2 impulse responses, 11 images - very few samples were borrowed from other patchpool libraries. The content is not encrypted, so you can use the samples and wavetables in other samplers and synths or directly in your DAW.
    *102 patches combining most synthesis forms available in Falcon.
    *Library size in total: 2.6 GB
    *Delivery: download (RAR-archive in 3 parts for better download handling)
    *Price: € 56 EUR

Sampled acoustic Instruments:
  • *Chinese opera cymbals, bowed and beaten, also hand cymbals
    *Wahwah tube
    *Water drums / jicara de aqua (a pair of water pumpkins)
    *Various bell types like Japanese wind bells, Nepalese crotales, bell trees, camel bells, sleigh bells, bronze bells, swirling bells (solid sonic triangles)
    *Glass gongs
    *Large frame drum
    *Amped electric guitar - drones, feedback swells, chord textures, e-bow sounds

Patch categories:
  • *Bells (13)
    *Cymbals - Percussion (11)
    *Guitars (12)
    *Mallets - Plucks (12)
    *Pads - Textures (18)
    *Sequencer - Arps (11)
    *Soundscapes - Drones - FX (14)
    *Synths - Keys (11)

All acoustic samples in this library were recorded with 3, sometimes 4 top notch microphones (Neumann/Shure) in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit, the microphone signals of all acoustic samples were phase-aligned which improves the stereo picture, enhances the transparency of the sound and makes for snappier transients.

You can view/download the PDF for this library with more details, the licence agreement, and the patchlist including descrtptions and playing tips here.

Product page

Audio demos:

All demos were produced entirely with Falcon using only patches from AIR, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation, if several instances of Falcon were used in a track.

Videos too:

More video demos in this playlist on my youtube which also contains some tutorials for Falcon, demos for some of my Falcon factory sounds and other experiments.

Thank's for reading
Simon Stockhausen

----

Later that day:

Today I shall be multi-sampling this glass object (made by my mother Mary Bauermeister who is a visual artist), sounding like a glass gong, litophone-like -> lovely. This will make for some huge sub-bass drones too when transposing it down, the harmonics are very clear, yet unusual, and depending on where you hit it and what beater you're using the sound changes significantly. Mixing this later with the physical modeling synth and/or granulating it will also be fun. Off to sampling....

----

EDIT on the next day:

Sequencer music: video demo for the patch Insister, which combines the wavetable synth with an FM arp - the arp provides the groove/velocity for the FM synth, no pitch sequence. Automating 8 Macros on the fly, the Modwheel decreases phase distortion modulation via stepper in the WT synth.

Video demo for Litho Synth which uses a first set of glass gong samples with 6x round robin, layering it with a pluck synth which is also excited by a glass gong sample, tweaking the 14 Macros on the fly.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 30th December 2015 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: release info
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

Here is a demo for the patch Incense Sticks - which uses a long harmonic drone derived from vocal harmonics in granular mode in Layer 1 and the same drone in Layer 2 is used to excite the resonators of the pluck synth. Quite lovely, instant incense sticks. I'll make an audio demo combining it with other stuff soon, first more to sample, over the weekend I have hired a plethora of percussion instruments from my local instrument rental service, everything from chinese opera gongs, to Nepalese bells and crotales, to agogogos, flexatones, wahwah tubes, triangles, Jicara de aqua (water pumkin - a wooden drum instrument swimming on water) and more stuff. :party:

----

EDIT (1 day later):

A touch of epic soundtrack using 3 patches, an extra large frame drum played with a gong beater, sampled at 5 velocities/6x round robin, the Incense Stick-soundscape demonstrated in the video above and a sweeping synth which uses the pluck synth module.

----

Edit (another day later)

Now sample this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this...

A huge case with two layer of percussion bliss, plus the water pumpkin, I'll post more detailed pics later, now off to a hardcore sampling weekend. :help:

----

EDIT (later that day):
Some of the stuff sampled today:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 13th November 2015 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: update
Old 14th November 2015
Lives for gear

Got up at 4, heard about the terror in Paris, started sampling bells and stuff, also these 4 Japanese windbells:

edited the samples, made a patch layering 4 long windbell textures and played this little track still under the impression of the Paris horror:

Audio

Video

----

EDIT (2 days later):

Three fresh Falcons from AIR in a rather horizontal jam:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 16th November 2015 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: update
Old 19th November 2015
Lives for gear

This one is quite mysterious and beautiful - Arctica - automating some of the 11 Macros and 2 keyswitches on the fly, keyswitch 2 adds some granulated bell tree texture to highlight certain notes in the music.

----

EDIT (one day later):

Three fresh Falcons in Three Falcons - involving the patches Chinese Opera Cymbal Synth - Swirling Bells Layered - Living Pad.

The swirling bells are multi-sampled sonic triangulars, 3 velocity layers and 2-3 round robins, higher velocities trigger faster swirling speeds. The opera cymbal is sampled at 3 velocity layers and 4x round robin (I still have 7 other opera cymbals to edit - LOL, I will most probably not include them all in Air, it's overkill), layered with a big synth drone, lots of pulsations and swells can be dialed in. The pad is a unison wavetable pad.

The sonic triangulars:

2 of the opera cymbals are on the inner left of this pic:

the demo:

----

EDIT (3 days later than later)
Here is a little impro with Wahwah Tube Synth, making multi-sampled use of this lovely instrument:

There are 3 key-switchable layers, one without vibrato, one with slow vibrato and one with vibrato variations, each layer is sampled at 3 velocity layers/3x round robin. Later I will also make a version where I mix these samples with the model synth and analog stack synth, but this is the pure version:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 22nd November 2015 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: update
Old 25th November 2015
Lives for gear

Here are three fresh patches in a slightly epic soundtrack sort of Drama Queen, including the patch Chinese Opera Hand Cymbals KS which has 5 key-switchable layers with round robin accents (sampling and granular) dynamic tremolos (sampling/granular) and reverse sampling. The bells are 3 multi-sampled bronze bells with round robin in the upper half and a granulated derivative/dronepad in the lower half, the airy pad and drone is a split pad - Falcon rocks!

----

EDIT (one day later)
A slightly fragile/mysterious duet here, Wahwah Tube Granular meets Moon Pad - automating numerous Macros and the wheels on the fly.

----

EDIT (another 2 day later):
Three fresh Falcons in Desert Music - the repeating sequence is played with the full glass gong patch, 3 velocity layers/6x round robin, two different mallets (hard/soft) can be either layered or key-switched individually, lots of things can be dialed in (ring modulation, bit destruction, filter envelope, random pitch/pan and more), then we have two long camel bell textures (bells they put around camel's ankles) layered with their granulated electronic derivatives /soundscapes and a big wavetable drone patch layered with some drone/pad samples.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 29th November 2015 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: update
Old 30th November 2015
Lives for gear

Improvising with a fresh Falcon patch from AIR - Vocal Ebow:

-----

EDIT (later)

After cutting almost 100 water pumpkin (water drum/jicara de aqua) samples over the last days which will make for some great bass and percussion instruments, here is a first granular soundscape using key-switchable dynamic tremolos, processed by tuned combfilters, filters, waveshapers and whatnot.

The smaller pumkin was sampled in a dry studio environment, as it can swim in the bigger pumpkin, and the big one I multi-sampled in the bathtub which added a nice gated-room-sort-of-ambient to each hit and also some dripping drops were captured here and here.

----

EDIT (a few days later):

Spent the entire day yesterday programming water drum patches, so here is a first groove in 6-8 combining several pumpkin patches, one being a split articulation switch-patch, where you can select three different mallet types (with up to 6 velocity layers and 3x round robin) ranging over the lower 3 octaves, via key-switches, the upper sounds in that patch - 2 different sets of hand accents with plenty of velocities and round robins and tempo-synced finger trills (in stretch mode) with 5x round robins - are not affected by the key-switches. Then there is patch which layers 4 articulations (3 different mallets and hand accents) and you can level and tune each layer. Then there is the big bathtub pumpkin and more. Each patch has 20+ Macros for effect/filter/EQ/random pitch/pan-control and whatnot, all split zones are colored in the Falcon keyboard GUI for easy navigation, I'll make an explanation-video later.

My subwoofers were having an absolute blast while playing/programming this track:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 5th December 2015 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: update
Old 6th December 2015
Lives for gear

This rather surreal/dark impro track combines two new Falcon patches with multi-sampled Chinese opera cymbals, also layering the dry cymbals with some re-synthesized cymbal scapes. Plenty of round robins/velocity layers, plenty of controls to dial in all sorts of modulations:

----

EDIT (2 days later)

After cutting and fine-tuning dozens of bowed Chinese opera cymbals over the last days, here is a track with two patches making use of these, one patch spreading out many bowed cymbals over a 3+ octave range, fine-tuned to the main pitch in each sample. The other patch splits bowed cymbals in granular mode, as smooth as metallic silk, a second velocity layer adds a bright, moaning-like cymbal sound, a keyswitch adds a model synth which also uses a stretched bowed cymbal as excitation for the resonators.

----

EDIT: (later later)

Four instances of Falcon in Electric Six playing 4 patches AIR - rather dark and epic...

About 25 patches to go, over the weekend I am renting several guitar amps and pedals to sample the final load of material, it's gonna be....GREAT.

----

EDIT: (later later later)

Here is a video for the water drums/water pumkin track posted above:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 11th December 2015 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: update
Old 12th December 2015
Lives for gear

After spending the whole of yesterday sampling amped electric guitar feedbacks and chord-scapes, here is a first patch, combining 4 long chord-scapes with feedback swells, split across the keyboard. Each sample zone has 5 dedicated controls for envelope shaping, filter modulation, tuning, sample start, the wheel introduces tempo-synced amplitude and pan modulation, then there are 3 master controls for LP/HP filtering, delay and reverb.

----

EDIT (2 days later):

This track combines 2 new patches - a split amped electric guitar ebow-patch, playing slow flageolet transitions on the open strings with a granulated vocal trill texture:

I'm always amazed how similar ebow tones can sound to a bass clarinet when played in the lower range. :phones:

----

EDIT (another 2 days later):

Another two finalized split patches, made with/derived from amped electric guitar sounds:

----

EDIT (well, later):

Some chillout music for the night: here is an expanded version of the Wahwah Tube-video posted a few pages back, I added some improvised melodic lines in the background using a patch named Spectra Vox:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 16th December 2015 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: update
Old 18th December 2015
Lives for gear

Plastic Angel - a vocal pad sound and a wavetable patch using a resynthesized image inserting two bass drones:

----

EDIT (a day later)

Explaining and demonstrating three patches which use bowed Chinese opera cymbals in this video:

EDIT 2:
Here is a little impro with the patch Hang Plucker RR6

Description (only mentioning a few things):
A mellow Hang accent played with a soft mallet exciting the resaonators in the pluck synth, 6 round robin variations run in cycle mode. Macros for filter velocity and overall velocity sensitivity are available. A velocity-modulated waveshaper on keygroup level can be dialed in with a Macro. 17 Macros are assigned.

EDIT 3:

Here comes some industrial flavor for AIR, three finalized patches made with/derived from industrial field recordings I made in various factories, some of these factory drones are totally haunting, like giant organs:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 20th December 2015 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: update
Old 25th December 2015
Lives for gear

Here is Christmas demo combining several finalized patches, plenty of bells - sleigh bells, camel bells, ball tress, I always sampled a pair of those at 6x round robin, 3 articulations split across the keyboard, 1 octave each (bell A, both bells, bell B), a key-switch switches between loose and tight articulation, so one can also play tight rhythms without the longish attack phase of those bells.

Then there is the big multi-sampled buffalo drum, a cymbal scape which also integrates a field recording of Philippine women gathering under a bridge on a public holiday which I recorded in Hong Kong some years ago, two key patches, (one of them actually being the 3rd keyswitch of a multi-bell soundscape), and at the end some textural sleigh bells with FX convolution. I'll make a video explaining those 6 bells patches later.

Merry Christmas...

----

EDIT (2 days later):

After another 10 hours of finalizing/fine-tuning patches today, I needed a jam which resulted in this little minimal music, using the patch Bettys Harp, which is 100% sample-free.

----

EDIT (later later):

Another two amped electric guitar patches in this demo, combining multi-sampled feedback swells with whammy bar action and tremolo drones layered with their electronic derivatives, tons of Macro controls are available:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 28th December 2015 at 02:14 AM.. Reason: update
Old 28th December 2015
Gear Addict

Exceptional sounds as always, Simon. Based on your Air demos, I will be be purchasing UVI Falcon tomorrow just to own your new library.
Old 28th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Exceptional sounds as always, Simon. Based on your Air demos, I will be be purchasing UVI Falcon tomorrow just to own your new library.
Thank you, Jay - i shall be responsible then - but I'm sure you won't regret it, I consider Falcon to be the most complete hybrid instrument out there, apart from additive/spectral re-synthesis it does about everything at a very high sound quality.

I'm almost finished, expect the release within the next 3 days.
Old 30th December 2015
Lives for gear

This library has now been released, all info in the first post has been updated accordingly.
Old 30th December 2015
Here for the gear
Excellent set of patches, as usual.
Thanks, Simon.

Happy New Year!
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnaut View Post
Excellent set of patches, as usual.
Thanks, Simon.

Happy New Year!
Thank you, Jim! Happy New Year for you too!
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Addict

The suspense is nearly killing me. I just bought/downloaded Falcon yesterday, but now I'm at my girlfriend's house for a few days... sans internet. I'll take my macbook pro to a Starbucks and see if they kick me out for leaching their wifi. :D

Very excited to try this, Simon!
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
The suspense is nearly killing me. I just bought/downloaded Falcon yesterday, but now I'm at my girlfriend's house for a few days... sans internet. I'll take my macbook pro to a Starbucks and see if they kick me out for leaching their wifi. :D

Very excited to try this, Simon!
Starbucks shouldn't care, really It's nearly 2 Gigs to download though, but if their connection is good, that should only take a few minutes.

----

On a different note:

I just added the supplement below to the order confirmation, as some of you are obviously still using Falcon version 1.00 and a lot of things have been fixed and added since the release, some features in AIR will only work with the latest version 1.04:

Please note: Falcon AIR needs Falcon version 1.04 or higher to be installed on your system in order to work correctly with all features used in the patches.
Old 1st January 2016
Gear Addict

I've spent the last few days playing through these sounds and giggling like a kid at christmas... What a beautiful, well thought out and executed batch of sounds! I keep getting lost in droning loops and reaching for my new soprano sax (after 40 years w/ a 1918 Buescher) to blow over them, BAM another half hour gone... LOL There is something very pure about the sound of Falcon that is very addictive.

First day of a new year, time to see if I can wrestle some new ambient tunes out of the box... Thanks for your diligent work Simon!!!
Old 1st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Heimbecker View Post
I've spent the last few days playing through these sounds and giggling like a kid at christmas... What a beautiful, well thought out and executed batch of sounds! I keep getting lost in droning loops and reaching for my new soprano sax (after 40 years w/ a 1918 Buescher) to blow over them, BAM another half hour gone... LOL There is something very pure about the sound of Falcon that is very addictive.

First day of a new year, time to see if I can wrestle some new ambient tunes out of the box... Thanks for your diligent work Simon!!!
What a nice read on New Years Day, thank's for the feedback, Greg.
Which reminds me to finally get my Yanagisawa soprano sax overhauled this year, I had a Selmer until 1993 which then got stolen, the Japanese substitute served me well ever since but now it definitely is showing it's age.
Old 1st January 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
What a nice read on New Years Day, thank's for the feedback, Greg.
Which reminds me to finally get my Yanagisawa soprano sax overhauled this year, I had a Selmer until 1993 which then got stolen, the Japanese substitute served me well ever since but now it definitely is showing it's age.
One of our former grad students just got a Selmer he loves and brought me his Cannonball Big Bell, 10 yrs old max and mechanically the keywork is far superior to any of my other horns. The best part is that it sounds like me, I played a half a dozen sopranos last spring and only one sort of sounded like me... Now I need to get my 1938 balanced action alto overhauled, it's a gem that deserves some love again.

Happy New Year Simon!
Old 2nd January 2016
Gear Addict

Exceptional work, Simon... all the patches sound fantastic, and the bells and cymbals in particular... oh my. Love those.

Like Greg, I can't wait to break out my fretless and get some ambient vibes groovin'
Old 2nd January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Exceptional work, Simon... all the patches sound fantastic, and the bells and cymbals in particular... oh my. Love those.

Like Greg, I can't wait to break out my fretless and get some ambient vibes groovin'
Thanks for the feedback, Jay, I still have tons of raw recordings with more Chinese cymbals, flexatones, agogo bells, ching chops and other bells from this production yet to edit and patchify, I'll release some Falcon singles over the next few months as it would have been over the top for this release and taken me another 2-3 weeks.
Old 7th January 2016
Lives for gear

Stepping through/improvising with all 18 patches from the Falcon AIR - Pads&Textures-category, which takes a while

Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear

As many of you have asked about a bundle upgrade from Falcon AIR to the full Falcon bundle containing all 3 libraries for Falcon/MachFive (not the instruments from the Falcon Singles-series), YES, this is possible, I made a note on the website, just contact me directly via patchpool. So if you hod a license to any of these 3 libs, you can upgrade to the full bundle at the 15% discount.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search