The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shockwave - Novation Peak Premium Patch Bank (128 patches)
Old 29th May 2019
Gear Head

Shockwave - Novation Peak Premium Patch Bank (128 patches)

Shockwave - For the Novation Peak, is now available on MajorOSC.com
Shock Wave sets itself apart from other patch collections from the vast amount of expressive capabilities programmed into each patch. This, in turn leads to inspiration and enhanced creativity. This is accomplished through the use of creative mod routings to velocity, after-touch and the mod wheel. You'll get soaring leads, butter smooth poly strings, tasteful plucks, warm spacious and swirling pads, mind-bending soundscapes from the unknown, rhythm beds, arps, and more. In the collection you'll also discover some iconic recreations of familiar sounds. (Blade Runner soundtrack fan's, rejoice!).

The ShockWave collection will take your Novation Peak to new heights!

please check out the patch previews here. Thanks!

FULL 128 Patch 120 Minute preview is here:
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

This might just have convinced me to buy the Peak - for 15 USD it seems like a steal, some of those patches are just magical.

Or I could forget getting the Matriarch as my "lead" synth and get the Summit instead when it comes out
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivviri View Post
This might just have convinced me to buy the Peak - for 15 USD it seems like a steal, some of those patches are just magical.

Or I could forget getting the Matriarch as my "lead" synth and get the Summit instead when it comes out
I think you'll enjoy the Summit. And I can guarantee you'll enjoy the Shockwave Patch collection. All happy customers so far.
I'm really stoked to port over a version of Shockwave over to the Summit when I get one. There's so many patches on Shockwave that would sound even more epic with 2 times the polyphony. In fact I recall that I had heard about the summit a few weeks before finishing the shockwave collection and that influenced a few of the patches, particularly the # of voices. It's definitely a tease hearing a few of those patches with double the voicing and only being able to play quad chords on a peak, lol.
I've been impressed heavily by the Matriarch just going by the sound of the demos so far. But I'm not sure what to make of the matriarch in regards to a potential purchase. It certainly wouldn't be my main lead synth. Also the wife would likely question the price as well as my motives for owning one given the colors lol. The more colorful and shiny an object, the more my wife suspects I spent more than I said I would lol.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

SamplesLoops

I'd think the exact opposite, that it's made to be an incredible main lead synth, capable of some soft and powerful tunes. But in the I would consider it as something like four Mother32s in one, with a delay thrown in. Only time will tell how creative people will be able to get with it once it's been out for a while.

Meanwhile having the Summit feels like a potential overkill for regular use - possibly having more options than one will ever be able to use (unless you do sound design).

So... As a middle ground the manufacturers offer us the nice choice of going Grandmother + Peak :D
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search