The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Coming soon on patchpool: Carmen for Unfiltered Audio BYOME Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th November 2018
Lives for gear

Software Coming soon on patchpool: Carmen for Unfiltered Audio BYOME

I am now working on a preset expansion for BYOME.

Carmen for BYOME
Carmen is an ambiguous Latin word meaning chant, magical formular, incantation, poem. Following these terms, Carmen for Unfiltered Audio BYOME is a unique collection of patches comprising ambient soundscape-makers which will transform the incoming audio into fascinating and wondrous musical and sometimes alien textures. You will also find rhythmical gates and filterscapes, granular mayhem and complex delay lines, experimental craziness, deep spaces, stereo madness, punchy drum processors and other effect combinations words fail to describe.

All presets are programmed 100% wet for inserting the plug-in on a bus, up to 8 Macros are assigned per patch for quick and easy interaction with the presets.
While programming the presets for Carmen, numerous acoustic instruments, percussion, drums but also synthetic sounds were used as audio input in order to create patches which will be useful in a musical context but also for sound design and post production.

Specs:
  • *Approximately 100 patches including some variations.
    *Programmed 100% wet for bus insert.
    *ETA: Around Christmas.
    *Pre-order price: € 24 EUR.
    *Price on release: € 30 EUR.

Product page.

All demos below were produced using only effects provided by the patches from Carmen.

Audio

Video playlist

Thank's for reading.
Simon
Old 7th November 2018
Lives for gear

Processing two of my Icarus patches (wave-table/pluck&pad sound) with a preset from Carmen for BYOME which combines a phaser module with high feedback and tempo-synced/sequenced modulations, tempo-synced delays and warped reverb. Demo starts dry, some Macro automation for delay/reverb mix/phaser speed.

----
EDIT

Processing sampled acoustic guitar with a preset from Carmen for BYOME which combines vibrato, distortion, HP filter, flanger, delay, reverb. Tweaking the installed Macros on the fly.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 8th November 2018 at 05:18 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Processing a synth lead (Avenger, from my sound library Panopticon) with a patch from the preset expansion Carmen for BYOME, available on patchpool.net - all effects in Avenger are turned off. Some BYOME Macro automation in LogicX.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
Processing a synth lead (Avenger, from my sound library Panopticon) with a patch from the preset expansion Carmen for BYOME, available on patchpool.net - all effects in Avenger are turned off. Some BYOME Macro automation in LogicX.

again a whole friggen soundtrack with one sound!
Really like the modulation you made to finish the sound at the end. Quite mind boggling that you are just automating the macros. Did you "DJ" with your mouse a bit while you were playing it out?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
again a whole friggen soundtrack with one sound!
Really like the modulation you made to finish the sound at the end. Quite mind boggling that you are just automating the macros. Did you "DJ" with your mouse a bit while you were playing it out?
No mouse action, I rendered the track offline, most of the pitch modulation is created by a frequency shifter modulated by a spectral shifter, so it reacts to the tonal/noise balance of the lead sound.
----
EDIT
Dynamic cello sustains (VSL) processed with a preset from the expansion Carmen for BYOME, Macro automation in LogicX. Demo starts dry.

----
EDIT
Glass harp sequence played with mallets, processed using a patch from Carmen for BYOME, some descriptions are embedded in the video.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 4 weeks ago at 04:41 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I just sent out the first 35 patches from Carmen for BYOME, please check your inboxes and spam folders. Some of these patches may change later concerning the Macro assignment and fine-tuning and there is no documentation yet. BYOME rocks!
----
EDIT
A simple Rhodes (Lounge Lizard) theme processed with a patch from Carmen for BYOME. Demo starts dry.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 3 weeks ago at 07:03 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Processing a granulated glass harp arpeggio with a patch from Carmen for BYOME - some Macro automation for BYOME (flanger/delay/reverb mix) and some Macro automation for the glass harp (grain density, grain speed). Demo starts dry.

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
Processing a granulated glass harp arpeggio with a patch from Carmen for BYOME - some Macro automation for BYOME (flanger/delay/reverb mix) and some Macro automation for the glass harp (grain density, grain speed). Demo starts dry.

cool , the modulation of the distortion wrapped inside the grain space has a guttural almost vocal quality to it. This sound would be perfect for a Tibetan landscape with a lone monk somewhere up on a solitary peak meditating
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
cool , the modulation of the distortion wrapped inside the grain space has a guttural almost vocal quality to it. This sound would be perfect for a Tibetan landscape with a lone monk somewhere up on a solitary peak meditating
Nice imagery, I'll try to hire a monk and a Tibetan landscape then
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Processing a little piano improvisation with a patch from Carmen for BYOME - some Macro automation in BYOME for the “color“ of the space.

----
EDIT

Processing a zither improvisation (plectrum and e-bow) with a preset from Carmen for BYOME - tweaking the Macros/wet-dry-mix on the fly. Demo starts dry, some of these self-resonating feedbacks are unreal...

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 3 weeks ago at 07:44 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Crazy how huge the sounds. Definitely a great backwash generator. I would use only the returns on something like this and mute or use less than 50% of the dry signal just for body in the total sound. Else I find the ear gets confused and loses its anchorpoint.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Processing a layered synth pad (Falcon+MFS) with a patch from Carmen for BYOME, tweaking the installed Macros on the fly, demo starts dry.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Instant Christmas!

Processing a looped sequence played with rubber mallets on a glass harp with a patch from Carmen for BYOME, tweaking the available Macros on the fly, totally transforming the sound.

----
EDIT

I just sent out an update to all people who pre-ordered Carmen for BYOME, now containing 70 presets. Some of these patches may change later concerning the Macro assignment and fine-tuning and there is no documentation yet. Enjoy the patches!

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 1 week ago at 04:43 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Processing a little improvisation on my new Zither (which I got today) with a BYOME preset from the expansion Carmen - automating the installed Macros in LogicX, demo starts totally dry, then with the repetition of the first phrase BYOME is added (via Bus send). New genre: ambient Zither...

----
EDIT
Processing a layered piano/synth sound with a patch from Carmen for BYOME, tweaking the installed Macros on the fly. Video starts dry.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 1 week ago at 06:56 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Processing one of my Groove Agent loops with a patch from Carmen for BYOME, tweaking the installed Macros on the fly. Demo starts dry.

Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search