The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Annual subscription for Kaleidoscope presets and assets
Old 11th June 2015
Lives for gear

Software Annual subscription for Kaleidoscope presets and assets

I just launched my annual subscription for Kaleidoscope:

In summer 2014 Andrew Souter from 2CAudio asked me, if I wanted to be on the Beta-team for his new invention Kaleidoscope. At first I was bewildered by this program, then fascinated and I started delving deep into the possibilities of Kaleidoscope.

After it's release I spent many, many sleepless nights with Kaleidoscope creating images with ArtMatic and Photoshop or modifying images of instruments, human beings, plants and objects, extracting waveforms from samples, extracting tuning files from all sorts of acoustic sounds with Melodyne and designing hundreds of presets with these ingredients. Dozens of experimental videos were created since, testing these ingredients and experimenting with real-time sound manipulation in Kaleidoscope. I also provide tutorial videos available on my youtube channel (and in the video-tab on the right).

This subscription includes original images, waveforms and tuning files. Many presets borrow tuning files from either the expansion Architecture Vol. 1 released by 2CAudio or the free Scala tuning file-library which is available as shareware, as I see no point re-coding tuning files which have already been created and are ready to use. Ambient soundscapes, deep drones, complex tonal and atonal pads, experimental textures and minimalistic rhythms are the main focus of this sound library.
My presets sometimes are variations on a theme, so within a subscription set you will find several variations of a combination of images and tuning files or waveforms, exploring some of the infinite possibilities Kaleidoscope has to offer. Of course you can also ignore the presets and just use the images, waveforms and tuning files to create your own presets. How a preset sounds is totally pendent on the input signal, so I will also supply some samples from time to time with audio content which works particularly well with Kaleidoscope (sharp transients, noisy components, lot's of harmonics and dynamics). Some presets are saved using the internal noise generator of Kaleidoscope to excite the resonators, this can easily be changed turning down the noise volume slider in the program.

Every 4-6 weeks I send out a new set to all subscribers, all new subscribers can download the entire content in one compressed archive. The subscription price is fixed and will increase moderately when more content has been added. If a subscriber wants to renew his/her subscription after one year, she/he gets a 20% discount on the current subscription price.

Annual subscription price: € 53 EUR

The subscription currently contains: 442 presets - 275 images - 43 tuning files - 30 waveforms.

Set 01 uploaded on June 11th - 2015 containing:
  • 63 Presets
    43 images
    6 tuning files
    4 waveforms
    3 input samples (ocean drum waves)

Product page

Videos:

All my KS videos can be found in https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...utube playlist.

Audio:

Thanks´s for reading.

Simon Stockhausen

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 14th September 2015 at 02:21 AM..
Old 13th June 2015
Lives for gear

Four fresh tempo-synced presets from the same family which I made this morning in one minimal music quartet, tweaking things on the fly while recording the video:

Old 23rd June 2015
Lives for gear

Three instances of Kaleidoscope using similar presets from the upcoming set no. 3 which are all based on a tuning file extracted from a bowed cymbal. Mixed on the fly, some reverb and delay applied. Input source for all 3 KS instances were 3 drum machines (Tremor) playing deep bass pulses.

Old 29th June 2015
Lives for gear

String synth and shaker loop processed by one instance of Kaleidoscope using a preset from the upcoming set no. 4, some ÜberMod delays are processing the Kaleidoscope signal.

EDIT:

And another one:

One instance of Kaleidoscope processes an excerpt of a live recording of my orchestral composition Windschatten, the other instance of KS processes some male choir sounds recorded for a music theatre piece, some VRoom reverb is processing both instances. The KS presets are from the patchpool subscription series - set no. 4

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 29th June 2015 at 03:00 AM..
Old 6th July 2015
Lives for gear

I just sent out the link for set no. 4.

Kaleidoscope Subscription Set 04, uploaded on July 6th - 2015 containing:
  • *66 Presets
    *31 images
    *8 tuning files
    *5 waveforms
    *2 input samples: a rich granular pad scape, try using it with the presets Mystery Space 1 - 4, which need some sort of tonal input to unfold their mystery, using only noise will not sound good on those presets. And there is a fast metallic synth sequence in 80 BPM for general use with synced and unsynced presets.

The subscription currently contains: 244 presets - 137 images - 24 tuning files - 16 waveforms.

The latest audio track made with subscription presets (the involved tuning file was derived from a singing bird):

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 9th July 2015 at 06:18 AM..
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

Three fresh KS presets in 3 instances of KS (chord low/high, deep drone) from the upcoming subscription set no. 5 on one nice ambient atmosphere, input source was an external modulated noise oscillator with some tempo-synced amplitude modulation for the 2 chords, some Relayer/B2/Uhbik Tremolo FX was applied.

Old 4th August 2015
Lives for gear

The latest demo tracks with resets from the upcoming set no. 6:

and a video walkthrough with the patches from the last set no. 5:

Old 9th August 2015
Lives for gear

Here comes a little Sunday morning meditation with Kaleidoscope, produced during a beautiful sunrise:

Four instances of Kaleidoscope using four similar presets from the patchpool subscription series, processing some modulated random noise, spring drum accents and a rainmaker texture. Root notes octaves are changed on the fly, 2 KS instances are also processed by GRM Tools Doubler FX (one for each). One instance of VRoom reverberates all 4 KS instances.

Old 19th August 2015
Lives for gear

This is a heads up to announce, that the KS subscription is currently discounted at 25% in the Interactive Sale on patchpool, where you can vote for your favorite items to be discounted. This campaign is on through August 30, check it out here:
Hot Deals on patchpool - Interactive Sale - Vote For Your Discount | KVR Audio Forum

Here are the latest videos and tracks I made with subscription presets:

Audio

EDIT:

Here comes the release info for set 6:

Kaleidoscope Subscription Set 06 - uploaded on August 19th - 2015 containing:
  • *64 Presets
    *45 images
    *8 tuning files
    *2 waveforms
    *1 input sample (stereo-phased ocean waves)

I have already sent out the dl-link to all subscribers.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 19th August 2015 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: update
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

Two similar Kaleidoscope presets (using cloud and tree images) from the upcoming set no. 7 processing a noise sweep I made with Photosounder.

and some cloud music:

and a little jam:

EDIT (5 days later):

Improvising with a Kaleidoscope patch named “Wholetone Galaxy“ from the upcoming set no. 07, Nasa pics taken from this site:
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

modifierd and photoshoped to the KS requirements.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 12th September 2015 at 05:09 PM..
Old 14th September 2015
Lives for gear

Here comes the release info for set no. 7:

Kaleidoscope Subscription Set 07, uploaded on September 14th - 2015 containing:
  • *67 Presets
    *49 images
    *7 tuning files
    *3 waveforms
    *2 input samples (Photosounder noise scapes)

The subscription currently contains: 442 presets - 275 images - 43 tuning files - 30 waveforms.

The subscription price was raised by a whopping € 3 EUR and is now € 53.

I'll send out the dl link to all subscribers in a minute.
Old 26th September 2015
Lives for gear

Stepping through some similar presets from the upcoming subscription set no. 8:

and some ambient bathing here with two presets, processing some modulated noise and ocean drum sweeps:

Old 14th October 2015
Lives for gear

Stepping though some presets from the Kaleidoscope subscription set no, 08 - alternating sounds in two instances of Kaleidoscope using modulated noise as input source, a stick cello waveform as tuning file and rose images from our balcony (and a pumpkin at the end of the video).

----

EDIT (2 days later)

Three instances of Kaleidoscope with similar presets from the upcoming set processing a Zebra chord and drone and a field recording I made in a Russian train.

----

EDIT (5 day later)
Five instances of Kaleidoscope using similar rhythmical presets from the upcoming subscription set no. 8, mixing volumes and changing root notes on the fly live on video.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 19th October 2015 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: update
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

Some ambient chill for the night:

3 instances of Kaleidoscope using presets from the upcoming set processing some ocean waves and vocal sounds:

--

EDIT: (2 days later)

I just released subscription set no. 8 which contains:
  • 73 presets
    47 images
    6 tuning files
    5 waveforms
    1 input sample - a picture of autumn leaves re-synthesized in Photosounder and processed with MStereo Spread.

The collection now contains 515 presets - 347 images - 49 tuning files - 35 waveforms.

Enjoy the sounds!

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 28th October 2015 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: update
Old 25th November 2015
Lives for gear

Here are 4 instances of Kaleidoscope using presets from the upcoming set no. 9 in a little ambient trip:

----

Edit (somewhat later):

I found a new way to create pattern-orientated images, good for grooves and minimal music, here is a first live-on-video-experiment using presets from the upcoming set no. 9:

----

EDIT (even later)
Three instances of Kaleidoscope using presets from set no. 9 with processed images of mating cranes and a new tuning file to process various sound sources like modulated noise, seashore ambience, calling cranes and a drone sound.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 29th November 2015 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: update
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Here comes the release info for subscription set no. 9:

Set 09 uploaded on December 1st - 2015 containing:
  • *69 Presets
    *29 images
    *4 tuning files
    *6 waveforms
    *1 input sample (swirling drone)

The Kaleidoscope subscription currently contains: 584 presets - 376 images - 53 tuning files - 41 waveforms.

Here is a rather alien little video I just made with 2 instances of KS, featuring The Molecule:

Old 3rd January 2016
Lives for gear

Jamming with three presets from the upcoming subscription set, using a 6-8 time signature for the patterns and following the piano-roll concept introduced in the last set - processing a Zebra sequence from my soundset 2nd Thoughts.

----

EDIT (a day later)

Three instances of KS using similar presets from the upcoming set, processing vocal whispering, vocal gibberish, bamboo chimes and a modulated noise rumble.

----

EDIT (even later):

Slightly terrifying, two instances of KS with fresh presets:

----

EDIT (much later):

More groove based stuff: three Kaleidoscope presets from the upcoming set based on a 7-8 time signature using the piano roll concept with a tuning file I made for these presets spreading out a Sus7 chord which varies every 2nd octave, processing a Groove Agent frame drum beat in 7/8 from my library Colliding Worlds and one of my Tremor beats, also in 7/8.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 6th January 2016 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: update
Old 7th January 2016
Lives for gear

Release info for subscription set no. 10:

Kaleidoscope Subscription Set No. 10 uploaded on January 7th - 2016 containing:
  • *78 Presets
    *32 images
    *5 tuning files
    *8 waveforms
    *2 input sample (noise mix/7-8 percussion loop)

The subscription currently contains: 662 presets - 408 images - 58 tuning files - 49 waveforms, price is now € 55 EUR for one subscription year.

Here ia video I just made, stepping through some presets using NASA images of various Galaxies, also using fresh tuning files/waveforms to shape the resonators.

Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

Set 11 is coming up, here is a first abyssal track using two fresh presets, processing various organic noise sources:

Old 13th February 2016
Lives for gear

Three instances of Kaleidoscope using 3 fresh presets from the upcoming set in a slightly nice and dreamy ambient atmosphere:

EDIT (a day later):

Two instances of Kaleidoscope using presets from the upcoming set, the involved tuning file was derived from a harp flageolet sequence from one of my compositional works, the audio inputs processed are various organic/an-organic noise sources (modulated synth noise/ocean waves) and some whispering vocals, the images are derived from gravitational waves.

----

EDIT (later later):

Live-on-video-impro-jam with 3 fresh KS presets from the upcoming set, tweaking things on the fly.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 15th February 2016 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: update
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear

Here comes the release info for set 11:

Kaleidoscope subscription set 11, uploaded on February 17th - 2016 containing:
  • *73 Presets
    *32 images
    *4 tuning files
    *9 waveforms
    *2 input sample (noise drones)

The subscription library now contains: 735 presets - 440 images - 54 tuning files - 58 waveforms.

----

Here is another video I just made, stepping through all the “Universal Arc“ presets from this set, quite beautiful...

----

EDIT:

I forgot to mention:

As it has been requested so man times, Kaleidoscopists with a subscription-phobia can now purchase the entire collection as a discounted buyout (€ 45), meaning they get the library as it as at the point of their purchase.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 17th February 2016 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: update
Old 14th March 2016
Lives for gear

Here comes a minimal ride with 2 presets from the next set/2 instances of KS processing the same synth sequence (which you hear at the beginning on it's own).

Old 20th March 2016
Lives for gear

Two Kaleidoscope presets from the upcoming subscription set in action, processing an ArcSyn sequence from my soundset Arrows, some ocean waves and a vocal texture:

----

EDIT (4 days later)

Microtonal soundscape composed of 3 instances of Kaleidoscope using presets and assets from the upcoming set, some external FX was applied (MXXX/ÜberMod/B2), audio input was a modulated noise sound (Falcon) and an ArcSyn texture.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 24th March 2016 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: update
Old 25th March 2016
Lives for gear

Can't get much more new-agey than this - a single instance of Kaleidoscopce using a preset from the upcoming set, processing various modulated noise sources, the tonality and rhythm is created entirely inside the plugin.

----

EDIT (later)

I'm getting some great rhythmical textures and bass lines out of KS again, tonight for the first time I created an image with 5/8-rhythms after having done other odd time signatures before, it's quite groovy I must say...

Here is a jam with 2 instances of KS using 2 presets form the upcoming set, processing modulated white noise and a spring drum accent which plays every 2nd bar.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 26th March 2016 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: update
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Live on video: two presets from the upcoming set - one instance of KS processing one of my Falcon beats, the other one processing some modulated white/pink noise.

----

EDIT (a day later)

Here comes the release info for subscription set 12:

Kaleidoscope Subscription Set 12 uploaded on March 31st - 2016 containing:
  • *69 Presets
    *31 images
    *6 tuning files
    *3 waveforms

The subscription library currently contains: 804 presets - 471 images - 60 tuning files - 61 waveforms

Here is another track I made this morning when finalizing the presets:

Stay tuned...

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 31st March 2016 at 05:12 AM.. Reason: update
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear

Three instances of Kaleidoscope with presets from the upcoming subscription set no. 13 composing something rather strange - input sources are modulated brown noise (Falcon), a synth texture (ArcSyn) and a short vocal loop.

----

EDIT (a day later):

Another Kaleidoscope trio with 3 presets from the upcoming subscription set - minimal ambient music:

____

EDIT (later later)

Something miraculous with 2 instances of KS using presets from the upcoming set:

----

EDIT (later, later, later)

Another 2 KS presets from the upcoming set, tweaking things live on video - ambient groove sort of thing:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 8th May 2016 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: update
Old 8th May 2016
Lives for gear

Here comes the release info for subscription set no. 13:

Kaleidoscope patchpool subscription set 13, uploaded on May 8th - 2016 containing:
  • 63 Presets
    33 images
    5 tuning files
    5 waveforms
    2 input samples

The collection ow contains 867 presets - 503 images - 65 tuning files - 66 waveforms.
Stay tuned...
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear

Two fresh presets from the upcoming set no. 14, the first demo made with the new version of Kaleidoscope (version 1.1.0) - processing various external modulated noise sources:

Old 31st May 2016
Lives for gear

Atmospheric demo made with two instances of Kaleidoscope and presets from the upcoming set no. 14:

Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

Here is a video featuring 4 patches from the upcoming set, mysterious microtonal glass chimes sort of thing, the tuning file was derived from a strange electronic texture I made with Reaktor (via Melodyne's scale detective), the images are made with ArtMatic/Photoshop, input sources are some modulated crackling fractal noise (Falcon) and stereo-phased ocean waves.

If you haven't done so, upgrade your Kaleidoscope to the public beta version (1.1.0) as all the patches from set 14 were made with that version and can't be played with the current release version.
Upgrade here for free:
Galbanum | sonic science aural allusion

----

EDIT (later)

Four instances of Kaleidoscope using presets from the upcoming subscription set no. 14, processing some modulated crackling noise and a darabuka beat from my Groove Agent expansion Colliding Worlds. Changing root notes in the bass sound and mixing on the fly - KS rocks!

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 12th June 2016 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: update
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search