The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Shelford 5052 echoes the simple and definitive 1073 feature set with a vertically-oriented mic pre, high pass filter, and 3-band inductor EQ, while also incorporating modern capabilities like the variable Silk / Texture control from the Portico II Series and simultaneous pre / post “tape” operation. Utilizing class-A, discrete, +/- 24V topologies with custom-wound transformers and inductors, Rupert Neve designed the 5052 as a vintage-style channel strip that captures the soul of his classic designs, without the previous compromises.

Discussions

Gearslutz - Nominations for - Favourite Microphone Preamp sub $2500?

Rupert Neve Designs 5052. When a top 200 million selling artist abandons his vintage Neve you know you're on to something

View Post

Rupert Neve Designs Announces New Shelford Channel

Two of the people at the RND booth at AES said that the EQ was the same as the 500 series (except for the different eq points). I actually asked Chris (the guy in the video) if they were going to make a stand alone mic pre or compressor and he pointed to the...

View Post

Ten of the best mics for recording drums overheads

...Oktava, is a very sweet sounding mic (unlike the KSM184 which can sound brittle). I run my Oktava MK012 pair through Rupert Neve 5052 high voltage preamps, and on through the 5088 console. Can't beat it! (OK, I do love ribbon overheads and some others, but a good Oktava PAIR only costs around...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides