The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

I'm gonna try my R121 or Beyer M160 on my snare. Sounds like it's a great idea. kfhkh

View Post

Slate Digital VRS8 Thunderbolt Interface - Now Available

...capsules and basses where U47 tubes. Room, which is where 90% of your sound should come from, where C12's and Royer 121's. At the same time I've used ML2's for violins and room, and ML 1's for the cellos and basses. I didn't have enough Slate mic's for the violas, so we used the 87's...

View Post

Bae 1073mp

...new to the forum. I want to post a question or thought here. I'm looking to recording my amp through a Royer 121 and 57 into a BAE 1073mp with the SS mode, summing out into my Apollo firewire then into PT. I'm planning on eq'ing in the DAW with maybe a Pultech. Are...

View Post

Product Description

When the Recording Academy awarded the 2013 Technical Grammy to Royer Labs, they stated we “…single-handedly brought ribbon microphones into mainstream recording.” Nice to be acknowledged like that by the Academy! The R-121 Platinum Edition microphone commemorates our Grammy Award and the resurgence of the ribbon microphone in modern recording. This unique R-121 is plated in pure platinum to mirror the finish on the Technical Grammy, and each microphone ships with a certificate of authenticity personally signed by David Royer. Only 200 of these microphones are being produced. Because they will be seen by many clients as collectors pieces, a pair of white cotton handling gloves are packed with each microphone.