The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Seaboard GRAND is a radically new musical instrument that reimagines the piano keyboard as a soft, continuous surface and puts expression back at your fingertips. For centuries, keyboardists have been forced to accept the velocity of their key strikes marking the end of that note's expressive potential. With the Seaboard GRAND, however, this interaction is merely the beginning. Intuitive gestures such as presses, bends and slides open new avenues to musical expression. The SoundDial is the only control you will need to adjust the sound of the Seaboard GRAND. Shift between sound presets using the continuous rotary control, while the subtle LED ring shows you exactly which preset is currently being played. Equator is a full-featured audio engine, designed specifically for the Seaboard’s multidimensional control. Every Seaboard GRAND ships ready to run Equator on-board: just plug in a pair of headphones or an amplifier and you'll be ready to go.

Discussions

Roli Seaboard RISE - product launch, London

...maybe not so obvious info from the FAQ: Is the playing surface of the RISE the same as the GRAND? Unlike the Seaboard GRAND which is hand-built in London, the RISE is a mass produced instrument, and the construction of the Keywaves has been altered to accomodate that. The Keywaves are slightly shallower and the texture...

View Post

FXpansion releases Cypher2

...as Multi Dimensional Control - the MPE standard didn't exist yet - which ROLI used to demo the pre-production Seaboard GRAND. The rest, as they say, is history - five years on and Raf (Himalaya) is still designing sounds at ROLI, and of course now so am I, Rhiannon and the rest of the FXpansion...

View Post

Baloran ‘The River’ Synthesizer

Oh, I’d love this! I have a Seaboard Grand Stage 61, but it would be great to have the poly slide control of the Rise. Either way, these are great for The River.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides