The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Open-ended hardware/software bundle consisting of VariOS module and downloadable control software for Mac or PC Now includes three software bundles: V-Producer, VariOS-8 and VariOS 303 V-Producer offers realtime audio manipulation/construction using VariPhrase* VariOS-8 emulates vintage Juno and Jupiter polysynths with intuitive onscreen editing VariOS 303 emulates TB-303 bass sounds with step sequencing and “Slides” High-quality effects included for each software application; zero CPU drain Connect VariOS to your computer via USB or use it as a stand-alone module More VariOS applications to be announced *VariPhrase technology patent pending.

Discussions

Most OVERRATED Synthesizers?

...paid like 100 bucks for it. Having said all that, I'll pony up with the Roland Varios. It could have been so much more if Roland hadn't just dumped it.

View Post

D-50 has landed in the Roland cloud

Strange that Roland Varios could handle a D50 emulation back in 2003, but a newly released System 8 cant. :( guess the System 8 has less memory than the Varios (which had 46MB ram) edit: I just remembered that I had watched 2 guys that used to work at Roland discussing the Roland D50-card for V-synth and...

View Post

Which synth to get if I love the sound of the Juno 60?

...Juno is close enough to a JUNO-60 (not to my ears but if it *is* to someone else's ears...) then a VariOS-8 engine in Roland VariOS is close enough too (VariOS-8 is the reason I never bought an MKS-50- or any other Alpha Juno) I still think a Deepmind is a better choice than a JU-06 Boutique.

View Post