The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The UM-880 is the most powerful, easy to use MIDI interface/MIDI patcher available. The vast majority of functions are available through either one or two button commands on the front panel. With eight sets of MIDI inputs and outputs, the UM-880 lets you simultaneously control up to 128 channels. It’s easy to connect to your computer—simply connect a USB cable and you’re done. The UM-880 is hot-swappable, so you can plug and unplug the UM-880 even while your computer is on. You can also use up to four UM-880 units simultaneously, expanding your system to 512 channels. The UM-880 features hardware MIDI patcher functionality. MIDI can be routed directly, simply by pressing the panel buttons; and there are none of the complicated settings that are all too common on software patchers. The hardware MIDI patcher makes use of HDMR (Hardware Direct MIDI Routing) technology to ensure low-latency. The UM-880 can also act as a stand-alone MIDI patcher with eight memory locations where you can store patch settings.

Discussions

A good alternative to an Edirol UM-880?

Stick with the UM-880. I reckon its the best. I own 4.

View Post

Workaround for the UM-880 driver in Sierra

So I've been working with a pair of UM-880s in my studio in Class Compliant mode, due to their incompatibility with Sierra, but it's pretty unfortunate, because Sysex transmission is pretty rough in Class Compliant mode, and unless you're using Logic, I guess the timing's pretty bad. Anyway, I got the UM-880 drivers...

View Post

Cubase 10: Midi and export Audio tracks are not the same!

it's interesting because those use Midi Time Stamping. e.g. what would the Edirol do that it wasn't doing when off. as opposed to on. a curious one which might have some specific commonalities. or might be some additional to, occurrence. e.g. you may still have cases of a similar problem crop up even if you didn't...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?