The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

The TR-626 is sort of an upgraded digital version of the classic TR-606 and TR-505 Rhythm Composers. This beat-box is still simple but has a few good points that come from its legendary ancestors - the TR-909 and TR-808. Its sounds are pretty drab, they are 12 bit low-quality samples of the most boring acoustic drum sounds around. Fortunately the sounds can be individually tuned and mixed and there are 8 individual outputs for the basic sounds as well as a stereo out. Its sequencer is very basic, coming with 48 preset patterns and 48 user patterns. But it has a simple matrix display similar to that on the TR-505, clearly displaying the current pattern in a graphical layout. The 626 also featured very good MIDI implementation for it's time.

Discussions

Which drum machines do you own?

Have now: TR-626 (3rd one) TR-707 (4th or 5th one) Machinedrum UWmkI Used to Have: TR-505 TR-606 TR-626 TR-707 TR-727 TR-808 TR-909 RY30 MFB-503 Oberheim DMX Korg ER-1 mkI & 2 RX11 Quasimidi 309 I'm sure there are more, but i can't remember.

View Post

April 2019 New Gear Thread

The TR-626 and BSP arrived, and I got a case for my Percussion and Sequencing setup. It is far from done but I have a good beginning going:

View Post

Alesis should bring back the MMT-8 Sequencer

Nothing against the person who made it, but this video isn't so much a "love letter to the MMT-8" as it is an ad for the Squarp Pyramid. If he'd simply stopped half-way through, the "love letter" would have survived intact. ;) That said, if Alesis were to include all the upgrades and enhancements that have...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?