The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The MKS-80 is basically a refined Jupiter 8 in a module. It is called the Super Jupiter and it is very fat and very analog! Its great sound is due in part to the classic analog Roland technology in its filters, modulation capabilities and a thick cluster of 16 analog oscillators at 2 per voice. It comes in a 2 space rack-module - no keyboard here. Tons of editing capabilities, although editing is tedious. It's got all the classic sounds of the Jupiter synths and so much more. An excellent choice for ambient drones, pads, blips, buzzes and leads.

Discussions

The UB-Xa Synthesizer

...two modulation sources (times 26 modulation destinations) to deal with them effectively. Even a (late) classic analog like the MKS-80 Super Jupiter had 7 new controls that a JP-8/6 didn't have, just to allow a very limited velocity and pressure implementation. (I'd like velocity too, but how much more will that make it cost...

View Post

What synths are Pet Shop Boys using?

...moved to Macs because of Logic, around the time of the Very CD release. 'Very' synths included a PPG 2, MKS-80 & 50, We used the EMU proformance piano module and the Kurzweil version. We had a Roland S-770 because of this fantastic sound library someone at Stirling/Syco had done, we had several Akai...

View Post

The Cure - synth gear used?

Man, Lol’s rig is intense! The way history has written itself you’d assume Lol had hardly any performing duties by the Kiss Me tour...needless to say that wasn’t the case. So much so I believe Lol played the main synth part on Just Like Heaven live although the music video shows otherwise. I’d be curious...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides