The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

he MC-505 Groovebox builds upon the successful MC-303 as a self-contained, retro-styled dance music sequencer and sound module with powerful new sounds and realtime controls. New features include the revolutionary D-Beam light-sensing controller and a MEGAMix function for intuitive realtime pattern mixing. Professional Groovebox featuring high-performance sound engine: 64-voice polyphony, steeper multi-mode resonant filters, front-panel ADSR envelope controls Revolutionary D-Beam controller allows for effects and sound/note control via hand movement over infrared light beam 714 onboard dance music patterns developed by cutting-edge sound designers worldwide 512 built-in sounds and 26 rhythm sets, including the latest dance, hip-hop and techno music sounds and classic drum and synth sounds (TB-303, TR-808, JUNO, Jupiter, etc.) Three independent, synchronizable effects processors with powerful new effects Onboard arpeggiator MEGAMix function allows for intuitive pattern creation by combining rhythms and parts of one pattern with another Enhanced MIDI implementation, powerful sequencer section with increased note storage, multiple outputs (3 stereo/6 mono), new assignable part Mixer sliders SmartMedia slot accepts external 2MB and 4MB SmartMedia cards for unlimited pattern and patch storage and direct pattern playback

Discussions

Roland's MC-505. What?? Yeah I'm talking about the MC505. What's your opinion?

when the MC-505 was still available new, it was one of the most derided pieces of gear on forums such as this. yet at the same time, these serious musicians all loved their JV modules. this sentiment was incredibly stupid and aggravating but that's generally true of most people. you're right on all points though....

View Post

May 2017 New Gear Thread

Roland MC-505.. I've never played with anything like this before. There are a few missing pixels on the screen (so I got it cheap), however it seems you can iron the connector to fix that.. Upgraded my Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister-5 to a Tubermeister-36.. the lack of effects loop on the 5 kinda killed it for...

View Post

What Roland Boutique Would YOU Want To See Next?

MC-505. in Boutique series form factor.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?